(Y/N) - Out of Tune Violin

Start from the beginning

"Is that why you decided to take me here?"

'I wanted a friend.'

"And you didn't corrupt me? Sweetie, It's no secret that you like me, Barracuda's already told me everything."

'Did you just call me Sweetie?'

Silence. Fresh had a shit-eating grin on his face. Slowly, bit by bit, the sensation of ten thousand little spiders made out of fire crawling up my cheeks started to shake me to the core, and my mouth dried up.

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" shouting eased the fire burning in my chest slightly. "YOU'VE CALLED ME SWEETHEART TOO MUCH, IT'S RUBBED OFF ON ME"

Fresh just started laughing that roaring laughter of his. I pointed a finger accusingly at him and he just completely lost it.

Until all of a sudden, he just completely stopped. Frozen. Unmoving. It was like he had run out of batteries.

"What did Barracuda say?"

'She told me everything. You like me, I know, I know.'

I don't even know what colour his face turned. It was completely acceptable for him to turn either white or pink in this situation. What the- HE TURNED BOTH???

'That little- WHAT?' The action he just did was like someone had set firecrackers off under the mattress. He almost fell off the bed in a weird, gyrating dance.

'You are very dense.' I rolled my eyes and sniggered at the extreme reaction. Childish. 'Hey, I know everything now. Question is, why?'

'WHAT DID THAT LITTLE SHIT TELL YOU?'

'Answer the question.' I sighed. This flustered side of Fresh was just like a grade schooler finding out his Best friend told his crush he liked them. If only he was a meter shorter and wearing a cute little uniform. I felt a smile stretch the corners of my lips to my eyelids. He should not be this blind to the fact that his actions betrayed him. He calls me things like Sweetheart, Butterfly and Darling, he saved my life at one point, he even beat up the little shits who bullied me. He may have almost broken one of my ribs or two, but I guess I deserved that after smashing a mug on the side of his head. This guy is adorable.

After a minute of him just trying to process everything (WHAT THE HELL THIS GUY WAS THAT OBLIVIOUS????), he finally talked.

"I decided to give romance a second chance."

'What.'

"Hey, I got lonely, okay? Don't blame me"

'Understandable...'

He snorted.

"Wanted a second chance, but obviously, I had to choose carefully. Cuz, you know, with what happened with Trinity and all? I can see people for who they really are, Darlin', so I used that to my advantage. Considered Barracuda, but nope. In a relationship. Ain't crossing that line. Plus, she had... quite a bit of "darkness" in her. All the other people weren't that great either. I tried giving free will to some people who I thought I would have a chance with, and nope. Found out within the first couple minutes, if not days that they were little shits and took that free will away. Bellâme tried to kill me, Twilight threatened to kill herself, Misty wasn't interested, Demise tried making passes at other dudes, Paprika just wanted me for my body, Amethyst was a bitch, Patrick was a literal psychopath-"

'Patrick?'

Fresh froze up like he just realised he just said someone he wasn't supposed to say. His eyes widened in realisation. Such a dork.