Chapter Nineteen

This Tuesday marks my fourth month on this story and today I hit 9k reads- Honestly, If I could meet every single one of you and hug you so freakin tight- I would lol Thankyou for the never ending support, I sill get tingles when I publish each part just like the first hahaha

Enjoy!

(And happy birthday to @emilybrown1999 :) Have great day you beautiful person x )

***

 "Yeah, we've been touring for quite a while now, but we have a full length tour next year at around June." Ashton explained to the TV presenter, whilst the others nodded in agreement- as always. It didn't take me long to realize Ashton might as well be the spokesperson of the band, never mind just a drummer.

"So how did you guys become a band?" The silver haired interviewer asked, tapping on her question cards. Once again, Ashton opened his mouth to reply, but there was no doubt all four of them were sick of the same question being asked over and over again.

I slouched against the wall behind the cameras, almost tripping over a variety of cables, receiving death looks from one of the crew members. I watched as the boys (or more realistically, Ashton) answered more questions that were being tweeted in by fans and promoting their upcoming tour. 

I locked eyes with Calum and I gave him a thumbs up, to which he smiled back. I shot a grin at him before the interviewer returned to bombarding them with even more questions.

I glanced down at my phone. It was already two they had been on air for just over five minutes, so they'd probably be off soon. I practised in my mind how I was supposed to break the news to Luke. 

Hello, Luke. I need to tell you something.

No, that's way to formal.

Hi- No wait, Hey?

Hi or Hey?

Urgh.

Hey, Luke. Great interview! By the way, I think Bree has someone spying on us who has a picture that could potentially ruin your image as it makes it look like you are kissing your best friends girlfriend behind his back. Oh, and I'll probably have to go into hiding.

Yeah, that'll do.

After recieving the email we had to leave straight for the studios. Since then, I have had absolutely no time alone to talk to Luke. And in a way, I'm kind of greatful. This isn't exactly news I'm excited to give.

"Calum, word on the street you and your girlfriend are going well." The interviewer- who I have yet to learn the name of- said, her unnaturally bright teeth showing beneath her deep red lipstick.

My head snapped up. 

"Oh crap..." I rolled my eyes. It was the same every time. The media didn't seen to care about the boy's music- they cared about the gossip. They care about the insider stories over the time spent in the recording studio. The don't listen to the music, they pinpoint what they dislike about it. They don't appreciate the boys- they sell them. And now, it was almost as if I was a decoy too.

I grumbled under my breath. The same camera member grimaced at me once again and I smiled sweetly back, before returning to watching the boys.

"How are you and, uh," she tried to quickly look down at her cards, "Stacey-"

"Sophie." Luke corrected, blankly. Earning looks of surprised from both the presenter and his band mates. "Her name is Sophie."

The interviewer coughed awkwardly, "Right." She smiled falsely at Luke through gritted teeth, "That's what I said."