Chapter 21: What it means to stick together! Power comes in numbers!

Beginne am Anfang

Still have a lot more to read. I've always been practicing on characterization and other stuff. This series is a hot mess as is, but the idea of abandoning it kinda sucks.

Sorry this note isn't as energetic as usual. I just wanted to put that out there.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBZKAI, OR DBS! Akira Toriyama does!

Key:

"Talking"

"Foreign Language"

'Thoughts'

'Telepathy'

Sometimes I wonder how many people really enjoyed this series. I appreciate the support.

-Espeon804

- Chapter 21: What it means to stick together! Power comes in numbers! -

The very moment she stepped inside, her instincts informed her that something was amiss.

No. They don't just inform her. They screamed.

But, she can't figure out why.

Below her feet appears to be marble, is it? Kauli can't exactly tell, never truly being interested in the details of what material makes a building. But, this appears to be part of the palace, or perhaps an extension?

The further she walks in, the more her eyes struggle to take everything in. She nearly loses her breath once she finds herself in the living room.

"Holy shit…! I'm sleeping like a baby tonight!"

She's surrounded by high-quality furniture, and the shelves are packed with supplies that would keep her entertained—or so she hopes. Perhaps there are a few books Kami had been kind enough to leave behind.

Kakarot walks up beside her, placing his fists near his hips. He shares her interest, nodding a couple times. "He really outdid himself, didn't he?"

It's too bad she hardly got to know the guy. Not that she really wanted to, but to meet someone and hear they are gone… it's somewhat surreal.

"If we are gonna live like this for a year, I sure ain't gonna want to go back," Kauli says honestly, as she presses her hand against one of the couches. "Did he put memory foam in here or what?"

"Memory foam?" Kakarot echoes. His confused tone only causes Kauli to roll her eyes. "Does it make you remember things when you eat it?"

Kauli glances at him, giving him a funny look. "Please don't be stupid today."

"What?" Kakarot is nearly offended. "It was just a question!"

"A very dumb one. Don't ask that when we get out of here." Kauli shakes her head as she walks over to the shelving.

"Why is it called memory foam then?"

"It's the material used inside," Kauli answers. "Look. I would love to give you a better insight, but we are on a time frame. I'm the one who's supposed to be asking questions, right?"

"Hm…" Kakarot nods, agreeing with her. He decides to limit his own questions. He's been around ChiChi and Bulma enough to know when a woman is about to lose her patience.

Or maybe that's just them?

He gives her a bit of distance to do a bit of his own exploration. It appears a lot has changed inside since the last time he was here. Either that, or his memory of the inside has been foggy.