Quartet - Close to me

Start from the beginning

'Bye.' Tetra didn't even let Lumina finish her sentence when they leapt off the slide and ran off. The sound of wood chips crunched under their feet as they sprinted towards the nearby fence. Pi was just about to yell that there was a fence in the way when all of a sudden their figure disappeared. Right. They had forgotten that Tetra loved parkour.

Back to the genderless sibling, Tetra sprinted across an open field over to the general direction of the orphanage they resided in. They had a feeling something really really bad was going to happen, and to be frank, better safe than sorry.

Soon enough, the gigantic building that was the Paradise Orphan Home emerged from the horizon. It was a large mansion-like building, not too extravagant but not too shabby either. It was relatively modest, made out of brick and wood that crumbled in a couple areas. It was Three storeys tall, housing approximately 30 windows on each floor. There was a playground at the back, as well as a basketball court where the mean kids all hung around. The four Siblings all shared a room on the second floor, while Trist and his roomates' room was on the first. Knowing that, Tetra decided it was easier to just bang on his window than to waste time entering the building and knocking on the door. They sprinted over to the back of the building, but in their panic they almost ran over a familiar face.

"Tetra?" The girl they almost ran over's eyes perked up.

'(Y/N)? What is it?'

"Have you seen Trist? He's not answering the door" The girl's lips pursed as she glanced behind her. She was the quiet kid who always sat at the back of class, but was relatively close to Trist. If it's anyone Tetra could trust Trist with (Aside from their other three siblings), it's (Y/N).

For a moment, Tetra tried to process what was going on, until their eyes widened.

And they sprinted past her without uttering a single word to her.

"Tetra? Hey! Tetra!" The (H/C) haired girl yelled at them, but to no avail. Tetra immediately raced over to the window they knew was Trist's room, and looked in.

Their eyes widened as their gaze fell upon a single figure floating in the middle of the room, suspended by nothing but a rope necklace around his neck.

"TRIIIIIIST??????" Tetra screamed, almost falling over. They could hear footsteps running towards them, and if they had to guess it was (Y/N). Immediately Tetra knew what was going on. The boy was just a year away from receiving a pair of headphones, a year away from becoming an adult and yet...

Tetra's body seemed to do the moving for them, as without them even realising, Tetra had smashed the window, and trying to haul themself in. The pain the shards of glass submerged in their hand bought nothing but a white-hot pain, but compared to the desperation and horror in their heart, it was nothing. Tetra snatched a piece of glass from the ground the moment they entered Trist's room, and immediately saw a chair topped over, which, if they were to guess, was what Trist used to hang himself. With a reckless despair in their movements, Tetra hurriedly propped the chair back up, stood on it and tried to cut the cold talon of rope that choked the throat of their childhood friend. Adrenaline was pumping through their veins. Who pushed the poor boy to do this? Austin? Tetra's blood boiled. Trist's body fell to the ground with a large THUMP and Tetra immediately scrambled down. He may have gained a few bruises from the fall, but that was a better alternative than letting him kill himself. Trist's face was pale. His eyes were unfocused as a few tears leaked from them. His lips were parted slightly, almost as if he was trying to say something.

"Trist? TRIST?" Tetra tried to shake him awake. The soullessness in his eyes was all that Tetra had as a response. With a trembling body, Tetra positioned their head near Trist's face. He was breathing, thankfully, albeit extremely weakly. Tetra panicked as every muscle in their body completely froze up. What should they do? This is the very first time there was a dying person in their presence. But the sound of a girl yelling was what ultimately broke their trance.