Chapter 38

We flew to New York instantly and made a stop at the hospital where Alyssa stayed with her mom. She wouldn't stop crying and blaming herself when really this was my fault. One day she's going to be fed up and leave me forever.

I have a lot of shit going on right now, the feds are on my ass and the Mazzani's are trying to take away my family's control of New York like they are some conquistadors. The thing is, every other crime family has tried before but failed and as soon as these new kids on the block come along they manage to persuade everyone else somehow to help them. Since we were the leading crime family in the field of weapons and drugs trafficking and loan sharking, they were trying to push us out so they could really start making some money. It was okay to say that because of everything going on, I was going to punish this family and my behavior towards them would be rabid.

I shook her a bit as she was stuck in a trance. She blinked rapidly coming back to reality.

"Hey, I have to go deal with something okay, your friends are coming to stay with you."

She exhaled before she turned to face me, "Okay."

I kissed her forehead while smoothing down her kinky hair, "I'll be back later."

She grasped the wrist of my hands since they were both occupied by her hair then she nodded.

I left the hospital with a strong urge to use the 9 mm pistol that was stashed in the roof of my car.

In the blink of an eye I was pulling up outside of my parents' house. I walked up the pathway to the door and after ringing the doorbell I was let in by the butler. I made my way up the stairs where I knew my father and my brothers stood waiting for me to start our meeting. I exhaled a breath as I sat down on a chair.

"How is she holding up?" Vincent questioned as soon as I sat.

I sighed before I took a puff of the cigarette I had just lit, "she's a mess, I've never seen her like that before and it's all my fault."

Vincent unbuttoned his suit jacket, "rather than sitting around blaming ourselves I would like for us to nip this at the bud before it gets even worse."

I nodded while stumping out my cigarette in the ashtray.

"Where are the Mazzani's?" Santino inquired.

Vincent exhaled, "I don't know but we're taking out those who are presently here and involved in the operation of taking us out. Next is Giovanni and his brothers Simone and Enrico."

Dante hissed, "I hate to tell you this big guy but if we do we're gonna start a war."

"I DON'T GIVE A FUCK they will learn their lesson. Alyssa did nothing to them and for that they will pay with their lives," I spat.

Dante chuckled, "why the fuck are you shouting? this isn't my fault you prick."

My eyes widened for a second before I sprung up so fast from out of my chair that it tumbled over. "What did you just call me?"

I had my gun out and everything since I was so pissed. Damn I'm losing it.

He had a smug almost taunting smile on his face, "What are you waiting for? Shoot me."