Chapter 12

Elijah

I can't believe that Alyssa just fucked me and left like that. Who the fuck does she think she is?

I felt used, hell I felt sexually exploited, no girl has ever done that to me before and now I'm so fucking livid by the fact that she would even think of doing such a thing.

My mind is racing a mile a minute as I sit on the balcony of my house. So unsettled that I can't even enjoy the fact that we're on break.

After finishing my drink, I go back inside with the rest of my family who are here for thanksgiving.

Yes today is thanksgiving and I'm here thinking about a girl, when I should be doing more important things.

"Elijah where were you? Please put these snacks on the table for everyone," my mother rushed pushing me out of the kitchen with the tray in hand.

The only reason she is hasty right now is because she is cooking for a lot of people which includes my dad's family who she is still trying to impress up to this day even though they love her.

Then there's the fact that she has no one to help her.  She takes it up on herself to host thanksgiving every year.

I spread out the snacks on the table and I can hear them come for it like animals.

Mostly it's just immediate family members like both my mother's parents, our aunts and uncles and their kids.

After doing that I go back into the kitchen to offer mother some help.

"Hey baby, put this on."

She throws me an apron and I catch it and tie it around my waist. She gives me vegetables to cut and peel and I start my task on the cutting board.

"You've been gloomy all day what's wrong?"

"Nothing ma, I'm just having some problems from school."

"Is it about Alyssa-Marie?"

"No, well yeah but ma please don't tell anyone else this is between me and you."

I might be a tough guy but I'm a mama's boy.

Most guys start doing things for themselves when they're in high school, I started when I went off to college.

Why? Because my mother did everything for me.

She pampers and babies me. I secretly believe that I'm her favorite child.

"Okay honey, this sounds serious."

I sighed deeply before ranting.

"I had sex with Alyssa... before you say anything I know you know how I am with girls ma so don't act shocked. So, anyways we did the deed and we fell asleep but when I wake up the next morning she's gone without a trace not even a note. So, I go to her dorm room to see her and her roommate tells me she's already gone home for the break and I'm so pissed because normally I wouldn't care if a girl wanted to leave and now I'm confused."

Mom chuckles then covers her mouth when she starts to laugh a bit too much.

"You poor thing she played you at your own game."