39 | ❛Brother to Boyfriend❜

❛ She's amazing in every way

Wet footprints stained the trailer floor as Tom rushed to answer his ringing phone from the kitchen counter

Wet footprints stained the trailer floor as Tom rushed to answer his ringing phone from the kitchen counter. With a towel wrapped around his waist and his hair tussled after a thorough shampoo the man nearly slipped on his own water trail before snatching the phone and lifting it to his ear. "This is Tom," he breathed out hurriedly as he struggled to catch his breath from his quaint jog around his trailer. "I know who you are, dumbass," the person on the other end of the phone sighed with disappointment clear in his voice. "I guess this isn't my best first impression," Tom groaned while throwing his head back and cursing himself for not checking the Caller ID. 

"You'd be right," the person shrugged with a soft chuckle leaving their mouth. "My brother likes you. But I'm still on the fence."

Tom raised an eyebrow and huffed, "I'm not my biggest fan either sometimes," he admitted. The person on the other end laughed and grinned before looking out his living room window where he noticed a janitorial officer looking at him before grimacing and looking away. Tom was confused before he saw his reflection in the window of him shirtless with a loose hanging towel and he quickly snapped the curtains shut before shaking his head and thinking 'Just my luck.'

"How's my sister?" the brother asked as Tom wandered into his room to begin changing into his pajamas. Tom glanced at the alarm clock on his nightstand and pulled out his boxers from his drawer. "Pretty good. I'm meeting her for a movie in ten minutes."

"Do you even own a box of condoms?"

Tom froze and tried to find his next words but ultimately there were none. "Mabel and I... w-we just... we're watching Adam Sandler..."

Tom began putting on his boxers as Dylan laughed and then rushed to put on his t-shirt sitting on his bed. "Are you putting on your clothes as we're talking?"

Tom cringed and gave up to sit on his bed, "I'm not doing so well, am I?"

"You're really not."

"Okay, well, then this can't get any worse. What's up, Dylan?" 

The man on the other side sighed, "I'm just here to make sure you're good enough for my little sister, man. She's everything to me and I really don't know anything about you beside the fact that you're dating Blair and you're the new Spider-Man that was cast for Marvel," he honestly said. "I can tell you whatever you need to know, I guess. I-I have three brothers, I have a dog, she's pretty great. Uh, my best friend is Harrison Osterfield and another one of my best mate's is Tuwaine - "

"That's all surface stuff."

"I-I don't know what else to say," Tom whispered quietly. "Well you didn't deny that you are dating my sister. I guess that's a start."

Tom smiled and looked at the framed picture that sat on his nightstand of him and Blair at a cast dinner several days ago. "It's not public yet. Mabel is nervous about the Internet - "

"She called me a few days ago. I know what's going on in her life, Tom. We're close."

Tom chuckled, "I assumed you were."

"Do you really like her or is this some publicity stunt? Because if it is I swear to God I will jump through the screen in your hand and rip out your throat and then feed it to my bulldog."

"Oh, uh," Tom hesitated knowing he had to choose his words wisely around the person that ultimately could decide his future with not only his sister but his career as well. "Yeah, I really do. She's great, mate. She's gorgeous, and uh, she's amazing in every way. When you get her to laugh it's pretty incredible. I-I just... I really like her, man."

A smile formed on Dylan's face and in his room at his house he shot his twin a thumb's up as he was seated in the corner of the room. "That's all I wanted. I got to go, take care of my sister."

"That's it?"

Dylan smirked, "Enjoy your Adam Sandler."

With that, Dylan had hung up and Tom smiled at the screen before tossing his phone to the side. "I feel like I passed."