04 | ❛ The Interview ❜

My cast mates are idiots 

She had done interviews before, small interviews, that is

She had done interviews before, small interviews, that is. She had been on Good Morning America and some smaller programs that aired once a week, but she had never done anything substantial. Sure, Jimmy Fallon contacted her once, but that was only to see if she was able to reach Chris Hemsworth. And yes, Ellen did want to set up something, but after talking with her producers and staff, they decided to go with Sofia Vergara instead for that episode. It was shameful, really. Blair didn't blame any late night host, no, she agreed with them. Her entire life was supposed to be laid out for her by her brothers and she was supposed to reach the sky and beyond, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't even get the women from The Talk to sit down with her.

So, she sat in a chair on the set of Live with Kelly and Ryan as they readied to go live. She rested comfortably, her left hand resting in her lap and her right holding a bottle of water. She was dressed simply in a black and white jumper, her hair straight down her back. She observed the crew of the show scampering back and forth to make sure everything was ready. And finally, she let a smile form across her lips and she glanced at the two as they took their seats.

She heard the director count down and she saw the lights adjust. Kelly pursed her lips outwards and in again while Ryan just stared blankly at her. And for a moment, everything seemed still. Then, it all went fast.

The camera focused first on the duo as they smiled lightly and introduced the show and themselves. Blair sat patiently, waiting to be announced. It was close to two minutes when Kelly looked at Ryan and grinned, "I think we have someone to welcome onto our show for the very first time," she said, her beam shining light to the entire set. Ryan nodded and brought his hands up, "I think we do! So let's give a warm welcome to Blair Sprouse!" he cheered, his hands slapping together along with everyone in the room. Several cheers were heard, even some whistles, and the camera finally nested itself onto Blair who was smiling wide and waving to the camera. Just relax, she had told herself before looking at Kelly and Ryan once the cheering had died down a bit.

"So, should we grill you with the tough questions first, or lay on the easy ones?" Ryan chuckled, earning a laugh from the nineteen-year old and a playful eye roll from the partner of the host. "Don't worry, they aren't hard. We just want to get to know you," she clarified, her hand moving out as if she were reassuring the girl. "Well please, do ask," she replied, looking intently at the pair.

"Okay, first thing's first," Ryan prepared, "Your name, I know it's Mabel, but you go by Blair, is there a reason?"

Blair smiled and opened her mouth to answer the question before tilting her head with a small laugh, "Um, I used to play this game called Animal Crossing and the animal that worked in the shop was named Mable, she was a hedgehog, I think. Anyways, I guess nine year old me just didn't want to be compared to a hedgehog! Ever since then I've been Blair," she explained with a nod.

The audience laughed and Kelly and Ryan as well before Kelly ran a hand through her hair, "Alright, so, for years you've been known as the Sprouse sister and have been expected to follow in your brother's footsteps. But it wasn't until last year where you juggled three movies that people really knew you existed, and this year all three movies premiered and hooray, spotlight on you, but did it ever get challenging living in your brothers limelight?"

Letting it sit for a moment, Blair pondered. She knew the answer instantly, it was yes. Even with her own career now, she felt as if she were nothing but the sister. But America didn't need to know the whole thing. And if her brothers saw this, it would become a joke of epic proportions. With a sigh, the actress found her answer, "Well, at times, I guess. They did take years off of being actors for school, and sure, that's noble, and it gave me time to start my career without being compared to them, you know? But what they do and what I do is our own thing, they just graduated, and I don't know what they'll do now, but I like to think that I'm where I am because of me, not my name. And I hope that's true."

The duo smiled and looked at each other before question after question came to Blair. She answered each with ease, some being about her role as Viper in Avengers: Age of Ultron, and some being about the movies Descendants and Barely Lethal. They were easy, some playful, and she was able to laugh after the answers when Ryan would make a joke about some bloopers he watched.

The show was coming to an end after forty minutes of questions and viewer responses, but Ryan had one last question to ask. Blair knew he had been wanting to ask for nearly ten minutes because every time she and Kelly started talking he would roll his eyes and glare at the back of her head. So finally, he had the chance to ask and wasn't going to waste any time. "Alright, last question of the night," he announced with a smile. "So, Blair, what has been the funniest moment you've witnessed on set of the Avengers?"

Blair cringed and looked at the camera with a look of 'I don't know.' But she knew she needed to answer, so she let out a huff of air and laughed dryly, "Wow, that's a tough question. My cast mates are idiots," she replied while pondering. This made everyone laugh and instantly Blair waved at the camera, "Okay okay, I mean that with all my love. You hear me, Downey? I love you, you're great," she defended, a look of horror and regret on her face because she knew she was going to hear it later from her friends.

She turned back to face Ryan and Kelly and smiled, "So, uh, one day during training - you know, to get in superhero shape, because I was not - Chris decided that we were going to try and fly, all of us," she began, then looking over to see a pure look of horror on Kelly's face and an amused look on Ryan's. "Okay, wait, when you say fly--" he wondered before getting interrupted, "I mean like a bird, with wings, and aerodynamics, yes," she chuckled.

"So we all get to the this training room and the first thing I realize is that Chris has been planning this for a while. I mean, there was, like, seven twin size mattresses on the floor just laying there! And by now we had run away from the trainer so you have a thirty-four year old man leading me, Lizzy, Downey, Mark, Scarlett, Hemsworth, Paul, Jeremy, and Aaron into this room that looks like a house blew up! There's what, ten of us? I'm thinking that this is a stupid idea and that we are going to die. No question, like, I texted my mom and told her I loved her once I walked in this room.

"Lizzy looked at me, Scarlett kind of gave the really disapproving glare she has and just pulled out her phone to video this, you see Aaron over here literally giving a high-five to Jeremy, and everyone else is kind of helping Chris stack three of these mattresses onto each other. I have no idea what's going on, I just don't want to die, and then I see Hemsworth - like the daredevil he is - climb this staircase where an office is, he goes over the rail so he's standing on, like, four inches of floor, and he is leaning over this twenty foot drop where he is supposed to fly and then freefall onto these mattresses.

"By now everyone is ready to do this. You know, Lizzy and I are kind of worrying, Scarlett is getting this on camera, and Chris starts chanting 'Fly, fly, fly!' over and over. I mean, this was crazy! I finally see Hemsworth jump, he holds out his arms, starts cheering, and he slams onto the mattresses really hard. But then he rolls off and he's fine. Soon enough, everyone had gone, we're all enjoying ourselves, Lizzy went with no problem, but then it's my turn. I was like 'Hell to the no.' But then Hemsworth literally throws me over his shoulder, walks up these stairs, looks over, and the next thing I know I'm freefalling. I screamed louder than I ever have before. I didn't get a warning, not even a simple, 'Are you ready?' No, he chucked me over this edge and laughed at me as I slammed into this mattress, which by the way, does not feel soft from twenty feet high. So yeah, I think that was the craziest moment, so far! I don't know,  everyone gets to set next week for the big scenes and I'm not sure what'll happen. My cast mates are literally insane," she elaborated, watching as Ryan grabbed onto Kelly from laughing so hard.

Blair cracked a small smile and waved at the camera as Kelly signed off the show and Ryan was still trying to catch his breath. Out of the few.
interviews she had done she thought this one was best. She got a lot of laughs.