26 | ❛Better Now❜

❛ I love you guys 

Now that Tom knew that Blair was never truly okay, he had kept a watchful eye on the girl and made sure she didn't take on more than she could handle

Now that Tom knew that Blair was never truly okay, he had kept a watchful eye on the girl and made sure she didn't take on more than she could handle. But scenes had been more stressful, more difficult, more demanding. She rehearsed whenever she could, but she made sure that Tom was never around.

But today was a different story.

She had a scene where she had to speak Russian fluently for three consecutive minutes with Scarlett. It was supposed to be during the large fight scene, but each time either Scarlett or Blair would mess up on a word and they would have to retake. It took them thirty-four takes to film the scene, and the director wanted to get another scene done that day but since it took the two actresses so long they didn't have the time. 

Blair had acted fine for her castmates after the scene, but when she was finally alone, she threw her jacket onto the chair and chucked her shoes at the wall of her trailer. Her breathing was rapid and she spun around toward the door of her trailer where the screen door remained closed and the firm door was open behind. 

Quickly, the girl slammed the white door closed and let the fresh tears stream down her face. "Ty ne mozhesh' izmenit' menya!" She shouted with tears falling down her cheeks and her voice cracking badly. She had screamed one of her lines that she could not perfect earlier, and with anger did she do so.

The girl slumped on her couch in the living space and cradled her arms around her torso as she cried her heart out. She let her frustrations pour out and didn't hear the soft knock at her trailer door by doing so. "Surprise, Blaze!" two voices shouted happily as the door opened. Blair's head shot up at the two new voices and she knew only two people in her life who ever called her Blaze. 

She lept to her feet and standing in front of her with their smiles now falling were her brothers. "Hey," Dylan said with a frown on his face now. He placed his bag on the counter and Cole did the same. "Um, hi!" Blair chuckled while rapidly wiping her face to try and hide her tears. "I didn't know you guys were coming!" she smiled while throwing her arms around the two as they hugged her back. 

"We wanted it to be a surprise," Dylan admitted while taking a look around at the trailer. "Tom arranged it," Cole responded. Blair smiled and turned around to wander into her kitchen, "Sounds like Tom," she dryly laughed again while trying to keep her tears from falling onto her now dry cheeks. Her hand wrapped around the fridge to open it, however, she couldn't muster the mental energy to do so. Instead, she let out a whimper and dropped her head, her arm falling with it.

"Blair," Cole spoke up, the girl shaking her head with his voice. "What's wrong?"

Blair laughed with no actual truth to it and lifted a hand to touch the fridge, "I can't do it," she cried out. "How did you do it?" she finally breathed out while turning around to face the twins. "Are you taking your meds, Blair?" Cole asked, wanting the whole truth from his sister after speaking with Tom. "Your OCD is a problem and you know it. It brings you to this where you question everything and you push yourself past your limits."

"They don't do anything!" the girl shouted, waving a hand at the full pill bottle that sat at the edge of her counter. "Everything has to be perfect! If I mess up then it means something! It must mean something!"

"They're supposed to help you," Dylan whispered as he took a step forward and placed his hands on his sister's elbows. She tried to push him away but he tightened his grip. "Everyone messes up, Mabs. I mess up, Cole messes up, all your castmates mess up. It doesn't mean anything except that you're human," he told her carefully. "But you are special, okay? You think these things that other people don't. And to stop those thoughts from being self-destructive like they are right now, you have to take medicine. Look at me," he spoke, staring into the eyes of his sister. She turned away and he shook her elbows, "Look at me, Mabel."

Finally, the girl's eyes met his and he sighed, watching the tears leak down her face. "You're perfect, it's everyone else that's got issues."

Dylan pulled his sister into his arms and she cried heavily into his shoulder. Cole joined the hug, making it an official Sprouse grouphug. "We never meant to put you in our shadow," Cole whispered. Blair hiccuped and Dylan hugged her closer. "You are the best villain ever," Dylan admitted. "Like, in all time."

Blair laughed lightly with a sniffle following, "I love you guys," she muttered. "We love you, too," both brothers responded with smiles. They came to surprise their sister and make sure she knew she was loved. They did their job. Now she can do her's.