56 | ❛A Gesture❜

❛Did you think I forgot about you?

❛Did you think I forgot about you?❜

Thomas Stanley Holland.

There stood Thomas Stanley Holland with a bouquet of various colored tulips in his hands.

Blair's eyes widened and she took a step back in utter shock. Words were caught in her throat and she couldn't imagine what to do or so... or think. She stared at the man she loved before her but there was no longing to jump into his arms or kiss him with passion. All she wanted to do was slam the door in his face. But she couldn't do that because she wanted answers. She wanted to know why he refused to answer her and why he didn't even try to get in contact with her.

He tells her he loves her a month ago and now he doesn't even try to talk to her. "Did you think I forgot about you?" he grinned, holding out the flowers to his gorgeous girlfriend who was lounging in a crop top and sweatpants and looked damn hot while being in so. 

She continued to stare at him.

But her actions came before her thinking and she shoved the door as hard as she could and tramped away but unfortunately, Tom caught his foot in the door and pushed it open with a sigh. "Yeah, I deserved that," he huffed while allowing himself inside and placing the flowers gently on the counter. When he turned around to grab Blair before she could run off again, he noticed she was already gone.

"Mabel! Come on!"

"I don't want to talk to you!"

Tom groaned and rushed to her bedroom where she was now dumping a basket of clothes on her bed to begin folding them. But Tom wasn't having that today. He wasn't having her begin to get into her own head and have her OCD go wild again. He couldn't be the reason she was going back to old habits.

"No, you aren't doing this again," he rushed out while approaching her but she threw the shirt in her hands at his chest and he quickly caught it before shoving it on the chair in the corner of the room. "I wanted to congratulate you in person!" he explained while watching the love of his life repeatedly fold a jacket of hers because it wouldn't fold just perfectly. 

"You stopped talking to me for two weeks!" she shouted while throwing the jacket at him and him letting out a grunt as it hit his chest. He let it drop to the floor and took multiple steps forward. She went to back away but he grabbed her waist and tugged her forward so she would have no choice but look at him. She tried to squirm away but he again wrapped his arms around her to keep her close. 

"I was planning this the whole time," he softly told her while reaching out a hand to brush a strand of her beautiful blonde hair out of her eyes. "The whole time? How convenient for you that you were planning a surprise visit at the same time I revealed my new movie! Something you couldn't even tell me you were proud of!"

This caught Tom off guard. He racked his brain trying to remember the text conversation between him and Mabel after he found out about her movie and she was right. He didn't even text her the day of. He waited three days. And then all he did was accuse her of why she didn't say anything. He didn't tell her he was proud even though he was. Deep down maybe he was jealous. Jealous that she got a three-movie contract right when he did. Jealous that she was going to be more successful than he was.

But nothing changed how much he loved her.

And how much he was proud of her.

"Y-you're right," he whispered. He watched her eyes soften and he gently cupped her face, "You're right, Mabel. I didn't tell you how proud I was and I didn't talk to you for weeks. You're right."

She sniffled and Tom wiped away a tear that fell from her eye, "I just wanted you to be proud of me," she whimpered while pinching her eyes closed as more tears fell down her cheeks. "You didn't talk to me and I thought you didn't love me anymore. My brothers a-and Seb and Mackie tried to help but I needed you. I needed you to call me but you didn't," she cried.

Tom's bottom lip quivered. The last thing he wanted to do was make her cry. He wanted to protect her, comfort her, be the shoulder she needed to cry on. He didn't want to be the reason she was crying.

His heart broke for her.

"I know," he said softly while trying to fight back his own tears. Mabel's eyes were still closed.

"I am so sorry, darling. And it doesn't excuse what I didn't do. You needed me and I wasn't here. But I'm here now..." he trailed off. Her eyes peeled open slowly. "I'm here until your filming is over," he smiled.

She narrowed her eyes in confusion and Tom dropped his hands slowly and returned them to her waist to pull her against him again. She gripped the bottom hem of his shirt with her fists and Tom smiled as he felt her hold him. As he felt her need him.

"Tom," she whispered, "T-that's a month. You have things in London and meet - "

"They aren't as important as you," he interrupted while shaking his head without hesitation. She looked down in shame. He loved her. How could she ever doubt that?

"You really want to live with me in a trailer for a month?" she beamed. He laughed, "More than a month," he said. "I was thinking that after we finish up here... we try it out. You and me... you know..."

"A roommate thing," she smiled. Her heart was racing, her smile was bright, her mind was all jumbled. But there was one thing she knew, one answer that came easy to her. "Yes," she nodded.

"Yeah?"

"Yes!" 

Tom laughed joyously and kissed the woman he loved, the woman he disappointed but who loved him back. The woman he couldn't stand to stop talking to.

His Mabel.

Her Tom.

"Can we get a do-over on the romance on the porch thing? I need another take," she asked, wanting to give her boyfriend the reaction he deserved for hopping on a plane to surprise her. He smirked, "Absolutely. Wait for my knock."

With that, Tom vanished from her sight and Blair bit her lower lip while grinning and rocking back and forth on her feet. She couldn't contain her excitement.

When she heard the knock on her trailer door, she squealed in happiness and ran to the door. When she opened it, Tom stood with a bouquet of various colored tulips, a smile on his face, and a small suitcase by his feet.

"Did you think I forgot about you?" he grinned. Blair smiled wider than she ever had and rushed over to her loving boyfriend who now stood with open arms. She pressed her lips to his and he leaned forward as her arms looped around his neck to hold him close.

She smiled against his warm lips that moved perfectly against her own and when she came up for air, she smiled at him with their noses nearly touching and she ran a hand through his hair, "I love you," she whispered.

"I love you, too, darling."