/~10~/- Spiky Like A Pineapple.

Annabeth POV

The next few days of my job where great. The guy who was at the front desk, his name was Malcom and had quickly become like a brother to me. Athena was nice but stern and very flexible with my classes and school hours.

And I got to pay the month of rent I had to. I also bought all of our groceries for the girls, to thank them I guess.

"Hey Annabeth." Malcom waved as I took over the front desk. He was super nice, and had been working here since he was 16. I waved and took over my shift. The book store ran smoothly, Olympic Books was a hit in the Big Apple, people apparently loved the books, even though they could get them at any sort of stores.

It was a long day in the store so I flicked on the TV and the news broke on, and I was startled at first, since Athena only wanted music channels only or the occasional discovery channel program.

"We have breaking news. Percy Jackson, hit teenage star of several songs, his top selling, I Wish I Could Love, is currently in disguise! We have gotten an anyomous tip off, that he is living currently in the city and attending college. Is this superstar, working on his new album, getting reading for his world tour or his he living the quiet life? More on Percy Jackson later tonight." And the news broadcasting shut off.

Annabeth rolled her eyes. This Percy Jackson was a arrogant, cocky player singer that held the attention of several fan girls. He was probally living the high life in a condo or something, making his managers go and do his college for him or something. I just dont understand what makes people swoon for him and the ladys want him to sign his chest or something. He was arrogant toe rag of some sort.

"Yes, make that thing shut off." A smooth voice said from the staircase. Athena was leaning on the railing and holding a leather covered book in one hand. Annabeth immediately straightened like she was seeing the president or something. Hell she would rather follow Athenas orders rather than the presidents. Annabeth tapped the power button and the screen turned black.

"Annabeth, your shift ended half an hour ago." Athena reminds me.I check the time. Good lord it has been over half an hour since my shift ended.

"Oh sorry." Annabeth blushed and mumbled, and gathered her purse before leaving. Athena waved as the door shut behind Annabeth. She reminded Annabeth of her aunt who was like a mother to her she visited in Olympus New York, but she preferred being called Minerva. They had the same grey eyes and blonde hair streaked with grey.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

"Annabeth, with your new job, everything is much........smoother." Hazel said as Annabeth stirred them the mac & cheese for dinner. It was the simplest meal Annabeth could think of.

"Yes, I'm glad." Annabeth smiled and poured them their dinner.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<,>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"LEO!" A girl with caramel colored hair stomped across the grounds, her white dress billowing behind her. Leo was hiding behind Piper, which wasn't working. Annabeth was pretty sure this was Calypso, the girl who had just moved from his isle home in southern Greece.

"Hide me." Leo whispered to Frank but Frank sidestepped and Leo was out in the open and the girl screamed his name again in anger.

"I SPENT HOURS ON THAT DINING TABLE!" She roared so loud it made Leo fall to his bony ass. He gulped and looked down. Poor Leo.

"Its not my fault you put the dining table ON THE BEACH AREA!" Leo yelled back, regaining his strength. Dining table? Oh. The dining table that Calypso made from scratch in the Construction department. It was a work of art since they had the same constructive learning classes together.

"OH SO ITS MY FAULT? LEARN TO KEEP YOUR FIRE TO YOURSELF." Calypso screamed and stomped away, her face red in anger. Leo looked pissed. Calypso could be a piece of work when she wanted to be. Her father Atlas was no better, being the General in the army and her being a army kid.

"Why does she have to be so DAM hot!" Leo kicked the tree and fished a lighter out of his pocket, everyone took a large step back. Even strangers knew that Leo Valdez wasn't trusted with a lighter. Instead Leo looked at it and shoved back into his pocket.

"Bro, dont you like, like her?" Jason said and stepped closer to Leo and Leo nodded and hung is head.

"But she's about as spiky as a pineapple." Leo smacked the tree with the palm of his hand.

"Was he always like this with girls?" Annenberg asked Pablo who was scratching his curly brown hair like it was bothering him. Once she swore up and down she was his brown eyes slip into her favorite shade of sea green. But then she blinked and there was a pair of brown eyes.

"He was worse in high school." Pablo said shrugging.

"The other day Frank said you had a thing for music." Annabeth tried for a conversation and Pablos face flashed to anger and then.....a look of longing? She'd seen those looks, in many people, looks that you couldn't pity and couldn't assure. She saw it every time she looked in the mirror. Longing for those she missed.

"Yeah, wanna come over maybe on Saturday? I could show you some of my drums and guitars." He said, maybe a little hopeful to. She was at first taken aback. Go to his place? Well they where practically next door neighbors.......why not?

"Sure. Ill be there at ten." She said and smiled, maybe a little hopeful to.

Pablo beamed his whole face lighting up. He sure did look cute like that, like a baby seal but it didn't quite fit the picture. Something was missing.....defiantly, like a picture had been photoshopped or something.

"Ill see you there." And he shook her hand firmly and bounced off, like he was on sugar or coffee.

And maybe she was happy to go.

<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>