I'm sorry, I don't remember

He was more than surprised. He was tense and he was fighting the urge to kiss me back but he gave in seconds later. He let go as soon as he gave in.

"We can't. You are confused on so many levels, you're hurt and you'll probably hate me for stopping it but, you need to get better before we can talk about this.

I think he was letting me down easy. He didn't like what happened in the hospital and now that it is happening again, he wants to stop it because I am not what he wants and I am not the person he feels he can talk to. I am very sad but I don't let it faze me. If he doesn't like me, then I have to get over it. Good thing I didn't catch feelings, right?

"Yeah, totally, okay, let's go then," I said. I started walking. He followed behind me and I could feel his cold stare on the back of my neck.

"Are you sure you're okay? You seem, too happy about the situation." Hunter catches up to me and walks next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine, let's just get everything over with." I speed up with my walking to his car, which was the only one parked on the curb. I go to the car and I realize, I'm still afraid. I don't think Hunter would have mentioned it, for me to get into the car and go to the hospital. I will not do either. So I sit on the ground and start to pluck the grass.

"Princess, I'm begging you. Please get into the car, we have to get you checked out." He is by the driver's door, a few feet in front of me. I ignore him, if he can't make me go in willingly, which he won't, I am going to scream. He drops his hands on his sides, making a weird sound. He walks around angrily and runs his fingers through his hair. He is angry at me.

"Why? Why can't you just get in and let me drive you for 5 minutes? What are you so scared of?" He really had to ask me that? Did he forget? He must have because he isn't even showing that he knows anything. Either he forgot, or he didn't listen.

"You really don't remember?" I ask. He shakes his head and being very attentive.

"Apparently you weren't listening to me when I was kidnapped and tortured. Apparently, you didn't hear what I said right before. Apparently, you don't care about me enough to even listen to what I am saying." I looked at him to see if it would click, but it didn't, he looked concerned and worried, but not how I was hoping he would look.

It hurt a lot to know that he didn't remember anything I told him. I told him my life and he dismissed it like a child pushing away brussel sprouts. And I know that he was worried for me to be safe but I still want him to finally know what happened to me. He wanted to know and then he threw it out the window.

There goes his opportunity.

I wasn't telling him again, it was painful enough to just say it once. He can go to He*l for all I care. And I am not going to another hospital, they scare me and it was where my nightmare came true.

"Princess, I, I'm sorry. I don't remember," Hunter says. No, no. He does not get to call me that. Not after this. I'm done with Hunter Black and there is nothing he can say that will make me stay.

I got up and started walking away like I do everything. I know it's not right to not face everything head-on, but can you blame me? I was scared in that building, he saved me. But he also wasn't there to support me when I needed someone.

I get that he is grieving too, and I will always miss Jenny. I don't want to sound rude about her death but, I guess there is5r45 a time and a place for certain things.

"Stop! Wait!" He calls out to me. I ignore him.

"Emily stop," Huh, he used my real name. He must be serious. So I turned around and crossed my arms, putting all my weight on one foot.