We're Neighbors

Um, what just happened? I thought that we were going to practice or something, I wanted to show him some I ideas I had. So I also grab my things and bolt out the door after him. I saw him on the steps, drinking from his water bottle.

I walk and sit next to him, he doesn't notice me right away, he wipes the water from his mouth and looks over, you would think he would be scared, he isn't.

"Hey, Emily," He says, looking out towards the street like he is in deep thought.

"You didn't call me princess?" I ask, astonished. Hunter would always call me that even when I didn't want him to.

"You said that you didn't like being called that, so I will respect your boundaries," He took another sip of his water, apparently already wiped out.

"Well, when you are ready, I want to go over some of the choreo that I have been working on," I pat his head and walk back inside. I hear him say something that sounded like,

"I am not 5 years old, you can't do that," Or something like that. I wasn't really listening, I was already in the studio pulling the song up and dancing to it.

When he finally gets in, he seems to be more energized and ready for 2 hours of beginning practice.

"So, let's see what you've got Em," He says while stretching. I turn around, why am I blushing? Seriously I've known him for what, half an hour. I am going crazy, I need to think thoroughly about what I am doing, but now, I am going to dance. I press play and I get in my starting position and I immediately start with a big entrance, giving Cole a jump start.

I keep going and do some things I never would have thought, with a lot of hip-hop classical moves, which people can easily do and relate to. Also with some more complicated moves, I haven't really figured out yet.

When it gets to the chorus, I stop. I haven't gotten that far yet. I walk over to my phone and press pause, waiting for Cole to say something, hopefully, it's good. He walks over to me, very close I might add. And stares at me, I think I know where this is going.

He jumps and even though I knew it was coming, I was still startled.

"That was amazing! I can't believe you choreographed that. How long did that take you?" He asked, clearly he was impressed. I was just happy that a junior was admiring my work.

"Maybe, 3 hours ish. It was just coming out of me so fast I didn't know where to put it," I told him. He smiled, stepping back from our close proximity.

"Well, I don't know why your other partner wouldn't want to work with you, you are amazing!" He compliments. I shake my head, turning down his compliment.

"I don't want to work with him, he is such an arrogant jerk, and he calls me princess all the time and I guess I just wanted someone who took dancing seriously. He wasn't as good as you though," I feed his ego, not that he needs it.

"Aw, that's sweet of you. But I am glad that you chose me over him, he seems like a real douche. So," he says while rubbing his hands together, "where do we start?"

**********************

2 hours later and Cole is caught up on everything I taught myself. He really is a fast learner. After that, we both had showers and he didn't even make one perverted comment once, not even a tiny one. I am really happy that he was so excited about being my partner.

We both met outside and we both went to get coffee together, apparently, that is what he likes to drink right after any practice.

"You are going to get yourself sick doing that," I inform him. He stops drinking his latte and slowly turns to me, and covers his heart, as if I had hurt him or something.

"You wound me, Emily, you really hurt me. And what is it with you, drinking water all the time?" He asks me. He seriously cannot be asking me that.

"What do you mean? Water is an essential part of life. I just love it more than others," I say flat out to him. It's plain and simple, plus everything else has sugars and sodium that I don't need. I am a dancer, I need to have a healthy body.

"Plus, I have never had coffee," I say, putting my hands in my lap. He gives me the look that says you have two alien heads. His eyes were wide and his mouth dropped down into a small frown. His eyebrows went up too.

"You have never had coffee?" He asks me, was he not listening? I literally just said that.

"I just said that, yes," I restate.

"Wow, well, now you have to try it," He insists, pushing his tall steaming cup towards me. I shake my head, pushing it back to him.

"I have never tried it, and never will," I say, I cross my arms over my chest and stare at him. I am very stubborn when it comes to things I don't want. He raises his hands out in a defensive position.

"Hey, I didn't mean anything by it. I am not trying to push you. At least, not right now." He raises an eyebrow. If he is trying to to get me to be impressed, I am not impressed. I can do it too. A lot of people can do it.

"So, what is your family like?" I immediately stiffen, I don't think he caught it. Good.

"Well, I have an older sister, she is backpacking across Australia right now. My mom and dad are very important lawyers, so I don't see them much. How about you?" He asks again. I have to come up with something, and quick. So, I tell him the truth.

"Well, I am an only child, and my parents live about half an hour away from here. They have enough money to last them through until my grandkids go to college. Not that I am having any right now, anyway, so they usually stay home and never really go anywhere. Just stay in the same spot all day long, I explain.

It wasn't true, but it also was true. The only difference is, is that we barely had enough money to live on, and my parents are dead. So how are they supposed to move anywhere?

"Cool, I would love to meet them at some point," Cole suggests. I hold my hand up, telling him st stop.

"You are going way too far for the first day as dance partners," I say. He stifles a laugh and takes another sip of his coffee.

"Well, this has been great and everything but, am going to go. I have homework to catch up on," I say, getting up from my seat.

"Okay, let me drive you home," Cole adds.

"NO!" I yell. Everybody in the cafe turns to look at me and I walk out of the front door, Cole following me.

"I mean, no, thank you. I have my bike to take and I don't want to trouble you," I explain. That is true, but I also have not gotten over my fear of cars yet.

"Don't worry, I have a truck, we can put the bike in the back," Cole adds. I shake my head no. I unlock my bike and start riding in the opposite direction.

Oh, Crap...

You know what I just realized........

we're neighbors.

--A/N-Hey guys! So I am updating early because I have a few things going on this weekend so I won't be able to update on Saturday. I might as well do it early, and I very sorry for the short chapter, it is sort of a filler, so be too disappointed.

I'll be back next week with a new chapter and if you want, comment down below if you want more chapters a week. Maybe 2, you decide. Comment, vote, follow, you know the drill.

Have a Happy Holiday!