Is that a problem?

One I realized that I biked even faster, trying to get away from the pain and memories. Trying to run away from what I have been trying so hard to forget. I was doing so good, then he had to bring it up and ruin my whole mood for the rest of the week.

I closed the door behind me and slid to the floor. Crying for what seems like a long time. I hear a knock on the door a minute later. I know who it is before I even open the door or hearing a voice.

"Emily, are you okay? I saw you running to your apartment, are you seriously okay?" I hear a voice say.

Okay, so I was wrong, it wasn't who I thought it was. It sounded deeper, more worrisome, laced with curiosity. I knew this voice.

Hunter?

"Can I come in princess?" He asked. He sounded sincere, I think about it for a minute before letting him in. I open the door slowly, wiping away the tears as I do so. I peek my head outside and I see him looking at the door for any movement.

Once he sees my face, he softens and stares at me, asking me if he can come in, but not actually saying anything. I nodded and he walked in slowly. I walked into the living room hearing the front door shut.

Hunter comes in and sits down on the couch, a few feet away from me. It was silent for a few minutes. This was very awkward, he came to talk to me, so that is what he is going to do. He clears his throat before actually speaking.

"So, I was driving by and I saw you running towards your apartment. Now, from what I know, you never liked to run, unless there were brownies and I know for a fact that you can't bake. So what's wrong Emily?" He asks gently.

This wasn't like how he asked me when he first came over, that time he was urgent and demanding. Now, he is careful and patient. He knew me so well, he knew that I didn't like running, I don't. I despise it, I will usually go to the gym to work out but never run. He knew something was wrong and he knew I knew it too.

I just didn't want to talk about it yet.

"There is no point in lying to you, but I cannot tell you. It's too painful to endure and I just wanted to have a decent partner who would pay attention to me and help me with the dance project that is due in a month. I don't need someone who disses me in front of his friends and I definitely don't want someone who doesn't care enough to even come to class," I finish. Did I really feel this way? Did I really mean all of that? I guess it was true because Hunter is buying it.

"Okay, I deserve that. I was a jerk to you and you deserve someone who is going to put in the work. And if you still want to be partners, I definitely will put more work into it." It sounded like he was begging to be my partner. But he can't, the spot has been filled.

"Sorry, too late Hunter. Cole is my partner now, he gets how important this is to me," I say. Hunter's eyebrows shot up. He is surprised by the name that I just said.

"Cole Adams?" He seethed. He looked like he was going to bubble over as if I agitated him.

"Why? Is that a problem?" I ask him, crossing my arm over my chest, agitating him more. I don't think that is a very good idea.

He leveled out his breathing and finally looked up at me. His hard, ice cold eyes melted and looked for something in mine, he didn't find anything. I am good at keeping my emotions on the inside. I have been doing so for years.

"No, just, don't do anything other than dance with him, even that," It seemed that he had calmed down and was able to breathe right and have a normal conversation.

"Why? There is nothing wrong with him, he is an amazing dancer." I defend him because it is what Hunter doesn't want. And I am going to do the opposite of what he says. Plus Cole is a good person, he just needs to learn some personal boundaries.