I knew she was pertaining to Arianna. My heart lurched at the thought of her. It has been 2 or maybe 3 days since I've spoken to her. Guilt coursed through my body due to my behavior. She was allowed to be happy with whom she wants and to negate my opinions of who may be best for her.

"Yeah, I was told that a lot, even after we separated, " I commented. Her eyes lit up by my comment and I didn't miss her once over at all.

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. It was mutual and a few years now. She moved on and now... Now I think it's time for me to do the same, " I said softly and approached the large tinted window to look out at the incoming patrons.

"Don't push yourself. It takes time to find that one person to heal you. Have a good night... Michael."

"You too, Chantale, " I returned, giving her a smile over my shoulder. Again I caught her blush before she left the room.

Fuck.

Getting over Ari now taking over the clubs by Raizon's request will be a bit of a challenge but it's all good. I loved the clubs and all that entails it but why now?
He never reached out for help, he wanted everything to be done by him. I wouldn't have believed his sincerity by the offer if Stephen hadn't call and tell me of his new stake in the empire. Both him and Gianni were now responsible for the hotels and other real estate and Ari... Ari now has control over the restaurants if she accepts. When he mentioned her name, I saw a completely different man. Another emotion other than anger and indifference was in his eyes as he told me about her recovery and worries about our friendship. I felt even more foolish when he asked me about Kenny. She was going through an emotional upheaval and I was being a dick by sulking about her new relationship.

"Gotta suck it up and move on, Humphreys, " I said to myself. Going back to the laptop, I settled in and started my own review of the clubs portfolios.

"And there's the uneasy feeling back in full force, " I said aloud. During my reports from the other managers, they noted a strange car parked for two hours, unmoving at various times at the two-night clubs and closing hours at the gentleman's clubs. These are not coincidences. These are planned visits but they weren't too secretive of their movements. I had the plates traced and found out they were fake. The unregistered cars caused speculations and unseen drivers. Before some shit happens, I detached extra security at all clubs. Still not satisfied, I sent my findings and lodged a report to the closest precinct under our hand. No one was fucking with my head tonight, I had a business to run. Hiding my gun holsters with my dinner jacket, I made my way downstairs to do a walkthrough. Four hours into the opening, the male patrons were greatly satisfied by the wait service and the dancers. Few I recognized and gave them an assuring nod of my silence, they were either married or high up on the public's moral for great leaders. The guards were at their posts, keeping sharp looks on everyone, I've relayed to them the pressing situation at hand bringing their awareness higher than usual. We weren't only protecting the girls but the high-class patrons. Making my way to the back hall, I glanced further down to see a few girls running about trying to do quick costume changes. "Night, boss, " they called out with flirty waves. Shaking my head, I made my way into the security room.

"Is our friend back? He must know our business hours by now, " I quipped.

"New car. This one was spotted at Ma Cherie. Seems like they are on rotation. He's at quadrant B, arrived fifteen minutes ago. Same MO as his friend."

"Anyone around that area?"

"No, sir."

"Rick. Geoff. Trace. Meet me at the back exit, " I said into my earpiece.