FIRST GAME

ALEX's POV:

We got to the arena we were gonna play at and you hear,

"Welcome to Los Angeles, California, and the Junior Goodwill Games... as teams from around the world arrive to compete in both winter and summer events. The U.S.A. is expected to score well in the medal count... especially in basketball, swimming and hockey. And there's Team U.S.A. hockey led by Coach Gordon Bombay. They're looking fit and anxious to begin the competition."

We get our gear on and start walking to the rink where the other team is.

"Get a load of these guys," Averman said to Goldberg, gesturing to the other team. They were in some very colorful jerseys.

Into the game....

"Tonight's game matches the second-seeded Team U.S.A... against the tenth-seeded team, Trinidad Tobago. This marks the first game for U.S.A. in this double-elimination... winner-take-all tournament. Gordon Bombay looks to have his team well in control here. They lead six to nothing. This is sewn up tight!"

I was sitting in the box, taking a small break after scoring three goals.

"All right! Yeah!" Someone on the team said.

"Yeah, high five some more. Man my little brother could score on these guys," Someone in the crowd said. I rolled my eyes and looked up there.

"Go bother him then," Jesse shouted at him.

"Haha! I ain't even got a little brother!" The boy said laughing.

"Hey Jesse! Quit gabbin' and get on the ice. Show me you want it son. Go!" Coach said as Jesse left.

"Yeah, show us you want it son. Go!" He said. Coach and I looked up and glared.

"Kay," He said as he sat back down.

I saw Jesse fall and slide into the goal. I tried not to laugh while Jesse went into the penalty box for trying to pick a fight with the other team. I saw Fulton and Dean and they were getting ready to kick some ass.

"All right Fulton, let's have some fun!" Dean shouted as they skated behind the goal.

"Yeah, Portman, let's do it!" Fulton yelled back.

I chuckled lightly and kept watching the games. Dean made a goal then him and Fulton went infront of the crowd and bowed. I laughed along with Charlie and Adam.

"Hey ya got a girl in the stands?" Charlie asked Adam.

It kinda got me jealous when Charlie said that and I don't know why

It kinda got me jealous when Charlie said that and I don't know why. I mean Adam is cute, funny, and nice, literally every girl would want him. I was clenching my hands to calm myself down, it helps me control my anger.

"No. Scouts, man. Look at em." I smiled and unclenching my hands.

"Don't worry about scouts Adam, just play your best," I heard Charlie say. They started to talk quieter and I'm 100% positive I heard my name in it.

Coach switched me in for Kenny and when I was leaving, he told me to start center. I saluted him obnoxiously and went to take center.  

On my left was Connie and on my right was Jesse, the ref blew the whistle and I stole the puck, speeding off to the goal. I played a few mind tricks for shits and giggles. I scored a couple more goals and every time I did, I did some random shit to show off. 

"That wasn't a game, that was a statement!" Coach says

We started heading back to the dorm to get some rest since we have a press conference tomorrow.