~~~

"That Kakashi...what the heck does he even know?" Obito muttered, trudging slowly with his hands in his pockets in defeat. Having just left from bickering with his talented rival, and losing yet again, Obito needed to go out and get some air. 

We'll be starting at the ninja academy soon, so you won't be able to push me around anymore, he thought to himself with a competitive yet pained look on his face.

Suddenly a scream caught his attention, and he immediately whipped his head toward the direction of the noise. What he saw was a girl about his age. She looked to be breathing heavily and ...was she shaking?

Obito quizzically scouted the area around the girl to determine the source of her terror, but found nothing of interest. Curiosity overtaking him, Obito found himself running to the girl who was sitting with her arms holding her up behind her with her legs bending at the knees. If this girl wasn't shaking, anyone would think she was simply relaxing by the water's edge.

"Hey, are you okay?" Obito said cautiously as he began to reach his arm out to the mystery girl. At the same time, she looked over to him and screamed again, this time startling Obito as well.

"AH! What is wrong with you?" Obito shrieked in a mix of fear and annoyance, retracting his hand. 

Peering up at the boy standing over you while still breathing heavily, the familiar sound of his voice finally registered in your mind that it was - 

No. Is that... Obito... Uchiha? 

His navy blue and orange-trimmed outfit along with his signature goggles confirmed your improbable claim. This boy standing in front of you was Obito, the boy whose life you had just attentively watched and became despondent over. The one to cause so much pain to his world, Obito Uchiha. 

Something was different about him, though. He seemed... shorter. His eyes encompassed a considerable portion of his face, and his goggles didn't quite fit his head right, as if they were too large. It became apparent that he was about the same age as you, seven or eight at the most. You stared, eyes wide in amazement and disbelief, with your mouth opening to speak but unable to form sound. 

Obito stared down at you, this time with more annoyance in his eyes before finally breaking the silence. "You know, you're really weird. Who screams at people when they try to talk to you?" Hearing his harsh words snapped you out of your daze and you raised to your feet to meet his accusing gaze, his height only barely greater than yours.

"I-I'm sorry," was all you could muster as you broke eye contact with the Uchiha. "I... I'm not from around here. I'm really lost. Could you tell me where I am?" Deep down you already knew where you were - somehow you got transported to the Naruto Universe - but you needed confirmation from another individual to truly believe it.

Raising an eyebrow but with his defenses lowered, Obito replied, "You're near the ninja academy, the place where guys like me are going to get trained to be Hidden Leaf Ninja! I've never seen you around. Are you going to attend the academy, too?"

Your thoughts blurred. This is really happening. For some reason I've been transported to the ninja world during Kakashi and Obito's time. But why? What could be my purpose here?

An increasingly tense noise shook you from your thoughts as Obito aggressively waved his small hand in front of your face. When he saw that he'd caught your attention once again, he spoke up in an annoyed yet intrigued tone.

"You really are weird. Who are you?"

"Oh! My name's (y/n)," you said with a bashful smile. "It's so nice to meet you Obit-"