They had labelled it as an accident the first time, and even attempted to do so after the second incident at Shiro's wedding. After the fourth time, (Which nearly lead to discovery by Hunk) they decided to talk about what was happening.

Now, another 13 times down the line, Lance could be found stood, staring at Pidge's toothbrush with a great sense of iniquity. His eyes flicked from the sink up to his own reflection in the bathroom mirror. Slowly, Lance lifted his hand up to his cheek. His fingers danced across the Altean marks on his skin, and he felt his heart drops straight through his diaphragm.

Her name rose onto his tongue, bursting on it's tip like a fizzing candy.

Allura.

When they had decided that they were only 'fooling around', Lance's sense of guilt skyrocketed, only able to convince himself that wherever she was, Allura wouldn't mind him living his life. But now he found her memory forced to the back of his mind more often than not. As he searched for her, Lance found a recollection of the night before.

Pidge had been laid on his chest, amber eyes peering up at him through dishevelled hair. She had looked so beautiful.

It had terrified him.

An ache began to build at the base of Lance's skull. He let his hand graze over the area for a moment, keeping his gaze fixed on the markings on his face.

"She's just sleeping over." Even saying it aloud didn't remove the shudder from Lance's lungs. If anything it increased it. With a heavy sigh, Lance pulled himself away from the bathroom mirror and made his way downstairs.

Again, he stopped. At the foot of the door sat a pair of Pidge's boots, mud-stained from her attempt to help him with the cows yesterday. An overwhelming sense of panic hit Lance's chest, stiffening his muscles.

"She's staying forever..." Lance heard himself say aloud. Even he was aware it was completely irrational for him to think that.

It was just a pair of boots.

The Cuban man collected himself once more, forcing himself through to the kitchen to make himself a much needed coffee. He finished it a bit too quickly, burning his tongue. The sensation seemed to ground him, reminding him of everything that he had to do to day. Things that would definitely take his mind off of a certain someone.

"Hi Kalternecker." Lance said softly as he entered the cow shed. The greeting was met by a low grunt, the cow's head reluctantly swing around in his direction. The dark eyes seemed to light up once they noticed the bucket of food next to Lance's ankles. The man gave a small chuckle, pouring the contents into the trough. He'd made his way through every pen, and as he always did, visited Kalternecker last.

He couldn't explain it, but he knew he had a special attachment to this animal. He suspected it was the way she kept him company on the castle, or the fact she had spent some time with him inside the red lion on their journey back to Earth. Or maybe it was the fact that seeing her always brought back fond memories of Pidge.

Pidge.

"Can I ask you something, Kalternecker?" Lance sighed, rubbing his temple. There was a soft grunt from the direction of the animal, the large eyes sparing him a glance before turning back to the food.

Lance took that as a reluctant yes.

"As you know, Pidge has been... staying over quite a bit recently and to be honest, I'm having a lot of fun." Lance said quietly, leaning back against the door of the pen. "But there's something that's bothering me and I can't quite figure out what it is..." He trailed off as he strode over to the cow. Kalternecker lifted her head from the empty trough, blinking up at him blissfully. Lance reached across and began to scratch behind her ear, producing a contented moo.