Guilt bubbled in her chest, forcing tears to her eyes which didn't quite spill over just yet. There must have been another way... right? A way that meant she didn't have to betray the girl who trusted her the most?

"Lex-"

"Leave, Clarke."

Her words stung, but she didn't leave, instead moving closer.

"Lexa, just let me explain-"

Lexa's tightly clenched jaw suddenly snapped open as she raised her voice "Explain what, Clarke?" She yelled angrily

Clarke tried once again to edge closer to Lexa "You know why I did it. I did it because I l-"

"I no longer care for your reasons,  Clarke."

Abby ducked her head and busied herself with arranging her equipment, no doubt feeling caught between the argument. Jasper slid off the table, bandages in hand to take to the doctor. Abby took them with a small smile, and changed his bandages.

Clarke stood like a deer frozen in headlights. She took a step back again, feeling the heat of Lexa's rage burning all too near her.

"Lexa I didn't-"

"You betrayed my trust, Clarke!" Lexa hissed "You betrayed me!"

Out of the corner of her eye, Clarke saw Jasper huff out a small laugh, and soon enough their attention was directed towards a lightly cackling younger boy.

"Y'know, you left her at mountain weather and made her kill my girlfriend" Jasper looked down at his iPod as he chose another song. Clarke turned to see Lexa's face fall at his words, and the brunette's hands tightened into well-formed fists ready to spring into action. Abby watched warily as he spoke, finally looking up "I guess, on the terms of betrayal, you guys are even now. Am I right, Commander?"

Eyes widened and hearts beats tripled as Lexa reacted. Guards jumped to Jaspers defence as she sent a kick directly to the centre of his chest, powerful thighs sending his body flying backwards. He collided with the wall behind him.

"Lexa!" Abby exclaimed, and her voice fell upon deaf ears as Lexa grasped the collar of Jaspers shirt, hitting him with a wave of harsh punches which would leave him battered black and blue no matter how much ice was applied.

Clarke quickly followed the guards who fought to pull her away from the boy, who was inevitably pinned between the enraged commander and the solid brick wall. Hands grasped at her arms, pulling and tugging. Lexa however, was relentless as she tore her arm from their grasp.

"Stop it!" Clarke fought her way through the huddle of guards, hands wrapping around Lexa's bicep to prevent her from landing any more punches on the now beaten and bloody Jasper "Lexa, stop it!"

What she wasn't expecting, though, was the level of defence Lexa reacted with. And before she knew it, an elbow snapped out to connect with Clarke's face.

There was the metallic taste that filled her mouth, heat following the flow of blood as it dripped down her chin. She lifted a hand to catch the ever-rolling drops from the large cut in her lip. The crimson pooled in her palm, but it wasn't the pain she felt. It was the shock.