Chapter - 1

Two names

Two names.

Two names it took to upswing my life. The title my father, and my mother share. The title everyone is so elevated and envious about. Maybe it's the dignity, the conventional course of swoon-worthy intellect, the age-old glory that made it so full of fame.

Plus, to add maximum level of complexion, I'm the one and only heir of the Lucifer Jackson, the most brilliant person ever. Heck, brilliant is an understatement, I can't disrespect my dad like that! He's someone every soul on this region of Atlanta pays profound respect to, and the respect evokes the sense in them to never dare get up to any stuff with this man of calibre. I've inherited many of my qualities from him. For example, the intelligence, the diligence, the hunger for prosperity. They may not be suitable for every situation, but as much I've learnt from Dad, these are not just virtues. They're gold bars for those who know to keep them.

And thus, being the rightful heir who bears this prestigious title in this 21st century has showered even more spotlight on me — in elementary school, middle school, and now in high school. The year I'm spending in Prime High was supposed to be peaceful. Only the most eligible and exemplary get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to even step a foot in its splendid compound, after all. It should be less crowded. Then again, I might have a poor intuition. I guess all the high schools are this much bulging at the seams. But the extremity of those humans is something worth getting into the Guinness World Records.

Okay, end of the illusion. Believe me when I say this — I'm just one of the average teenage girls you know; that's how I see myself, nothing special about me. What Mom, Dad, and my entire school believe is this: I'm a gifted and natural-born intellectual, the only meritorious student in my campus, the future leader of the world, blah, blah, and blah!

Too much, don't you think? I don't know what I have in my 19 year old self to make my classmates think I'm the boldest, smartest person anybody would want to be like. I'm a human child, but they all treat me as a superhero! And being a superhero means meeting your fans' biggest expectations. I have to work hard. Develop a successful life and prove myself to everyone out there. My teachers say, "Such a talented mind, we can't let it be wasted! Her creativity can build a new nation!"