Chapter 6

Nadine's POV

Fortunately, we spent Christmas together with only our close friends. Well, let me rephrase that. I've spent Christmas with just Samantha and the Bass sibling's close college friends. Basically, there were about 10 people inside Natalie's and my room. Austin learned to not inform any of the Art cousins of our whereabouts and what we were doing. He started to avoid them actually. Recently, he has told me that he has seen them around in campus. So, I'm not sure if they are planning to apply for spring semester.

"Merry Christmas, babe," Austin mumbled just as he sat next to me on my bed, leaning against the wall. He held a box in front of me.

"Again, stop with that Ass-wipe," I smirked, taking the box from him. "What do we have here?"

"I see we are back to mean name-callings so I'm going to have to take that back," he grinned, snatching the box from me. "You don't deserve this then."

"Fine," I shrugged, turning my upper body as I reached for the small gift bag on my study table next to the bed. "I think Vincent would love my gift instead." I was pretending to get up from the mattress and ready to head over to Vincent who was busy talking to Samantha and this other dude name Caleb. Both were trying to hit on my best friend. It's so obvious.

Just before my bum can scoot, Austin grabs a hold of my wrist. He snatched the bag from me while placing the box in my hand. "I thought so," I muttered to myself, watching him open the bag and peek inside.

Then I turned to the small box in my hand. I take off the lid and I see a shiny bracelet. It was a charm bracelet that has a couple of pendants on them. There was an ice cream, coffee mug, a book, an alarm clock, and roller-skate. Each resembled a memory or event that Austin and I shared.

It was almost like my gift to him. When I turned back to him to see his reaction to my gift however, I was greeted with a surprised peck on my lips. Unexpectedly, I shut my widened eyes to focus on his warm, soft lips. The kiss was soft, slow, and gentle. Once he pulled away, we only became aware that someone has taken pictures of us. It was no other than Natalia and Samantha.

We waved them off however as we were still stunned from the kiss, Austin and me.

"I can't believe you still remember," he mumbled, turning to the gift I gave him. He took out his new phone case. It's almost similar as to the one he once had until I drunkenly threw it to the bonfire.

The first time we met was at a beach bonfire. I was just beginning to move into my room with Natalia when she convinced to go to party with her. I didn't know then that Austin was her brother. When I bumped to him at the party, I was already annoyed by him. It was pretty much a kick-back except there were a lot of people.

I didn't know why he would leave his phone in Natalia's bag though, but I took that opportunity to piss him off since he kept intentionally spilling his drink on me. I wasn't that mean to just throw his phone in the ocean, so I took his phone out of the phone cover. When I got his attention, I held just the phone cover or case up, making him believe his phone was in it. I was going to toss it in the ocean, but he moved too quickly so I panicked and tossed it into the giant flaming woods.

He was so mad at me for it. The next day, I found out that that was his favorite phone case and it cost him a lot for it since it was custom made.

So, this Christmas, I got him a phone case almost the same as it. I even paid double so that I can get it in time for Christmas. I got it from a phone store just downtown. Instead of an iPhone 7 phone case. It was an iPhone X case since he has upgraded. The phone case was steel-looking and shiny. On the side were football field yards. The back was supposed to be green like grass, but I thought it would look cool if it was black with white lines and yard numbers. It consisted of a football play. The players were blue, and the opponents were yellow. There was only one that's red and that's indicating the red was Austin.