Chapter 1

Nadine's POV

"It's just the first semester, Nads," my roommate, Natalia Bass, tried to persuade. There have been exactly four private house parties and 3 frat house parties held this semester. Natalia has been trying to convince me to attend one of them with her. She was able to convince me to attend a Thanksgiving dinner though. That was because the dinner was like a small gathering for my major.

"Exactly, Nat. It's just the first semester and I'm already stressing," I tell her as I flipped through the pages on my Introduction to Literature textbook. Once I laid eyes on the short story title 'Roman Fever,' I started to read the story.

"I understand where you are coming from but you can't keep yourself stuck in classrooms and in our room, stressing more about," Natalie dragged then leaned down to read off from my book, "Roman Fever. Besides, it's the weekend."

"Tell you what," I tell her, "I'm just going to finish reading this and then I will follow you to the party."

"I'll just wait for you then," she shrugged, walking over to the bathroom as she applied her last touches on her face. I grinned at her then went back to reading the story.

A minute later, Natalia's phone starts to play 'Perm' by Bruno Mars. Natalia rushes out from the bathroom then answered her phone. "Hello, brother," she said to the phone with the same tone Damon Salvatore had used on the first episode of the Vampire Diaries to Stefan.

I rolled my eyes at the moment I knew it was her annoying brother. "We'll be there in just 5 minutes," she said then paused. "She's just trying to finish reading 'Roman Fever,' okay?"

Another pause.

"My brother said that both ladies end up just being hoes. Their daughters have the same dad," Natalia quickly said to me. Then, that was how she got me out our room. I left everything as is. Natalia grabbed her small make-up kit and a couple of clothes as she followed me downstairs.

With no expression on my face, I hastily walked over to the moron's car. He was grinning at me as he watches me make my way to him. He rolls his window down then that was when I was given the chance to be able to punch his left arm. "Ouch," the moron spat, "What was that for?"

"You know why," I muttered, now getting in the back passenger seat. When I look up to the rearview mirror, I saw him looking at me with his annoying smirk. "Spoiler." This comment earned me a small chuckle from him.

Natalia hops in the front passenger seat then throws the pair of clothes at me. "Don't you dare look, Moron," I warned.

"Can't promise you anything, sour patch," he said. I wasn't really a party type of girl. I mean, not these kinds of parties where kids get drunk and high but I would not call myself a saint or anything either. Once we made it to the party, I realized that Natalia forgot to mention some minor details, like the party being held at a beach in Los Angeles.

But, guess what.

We literally drove from South Beach to just party with kids in some beach party? Are they serious? I will never understand how these Bass siblings' minds work. They both love to party and they are both players.

I would not say they are hoes or fuckboys or anything. I mean, boys and girls just beg on their knees for their attention. When they do give their attention, they have the tendency to lead them on then break their hearts.

"What are you doing, girl? Aren't you supposed to socialize like how we talked about in the car?" Natalia eyes me as soon as she approached me.

We just got here 5 minutes ago then the two disappeared into the blue. I stayed by the bar by myself, trying to pass time, and also away from the bass speakers.