Chapter 12

The whole class was invited to join Marlon and Malary on the ground floor. We all formed a circle along the perimeter of the ground area. Malary was excused to join her classmates instead of being the center of attention. She quickly rushed to stand next to me.

Although I know she was originally afraid, now she was putting on her front of confidence. I made eye contact with her and she gave me a grin, although her red cheeks gave away her frustration.

Marlon stood in the center of the circle, holding his glasses in his hand. He looked around at all of us, slowly turning and taking in everyone.

"When acting, you must learn how to control your body and stop the muscle tension that deprives us from flowing on stage." Marlon told us.

Then, he slowly began walking along the circle and looked closer at every person. All of us were flushed with desire for him, he was such an attractive man.

He finally stopped at Walter, who grinned as he looked at Marlon. Walter was a few inches shorter than Mr. Brando, but his personality made him stand tall.  That day, his blonde hair was perfectly styled as usual and he wore a black turtle neck with a sailor over it.

"You

"You." Marlon called out. "Come forward."

Walter huffed as he stepped forward into the circle. Then, he followed Marlon to the center of it.

Marlon stood next to Walter and reached over his hand, lifting Walter's chin higher. Then, he stepped behind Walter and placed both hands on his shoulders, pulling them back. His hand touched the small of Walter's back as he walked to the other side of him.

"Posture is important, but Walter looks very stiff at the moment." Marlon told the class. "Almost dead."

"Because I'm standing still." Walter rose a brow as he looked at Marlon from the side of his eye. Marlon furrowed his eyebrows, looking toward him and placing his hands on his hips.

"You think you look stiff because you're standing still?" Marlon asked. Walter didn't answer.

Marlon tilted his posture and began chewing on hypothetical gum in his mouth. Then, he took a nickel out of his pocket and began flipping it in his hand. He continued that pose and motion for about five seconds, he executed it effortlessly.

"Is that good posture?" Marlon asked the class.

"No." A girl answered. He looked to her with a smirk.

"And why is that?" He asked her.

"Because you're not standing up straight, you're standing like one of those delinquents." She answered. Marlon nodded with a grin and stepped back.

"And how did you know I was channeling a delinquent?" Marlon asked her. "I didn't say a word."

She paused.

"Because of the way you stood and flipping the coin..." She began, then embarrassingly shut her mouth.

"My posture within that moment was correct because of the role I was portraying." Marlon called out to the circle. "Posture is not all about being a square."

The class laughed at his comment.

"It's about correctly displaying the role you want to show." Marlon added. Then, he turned to Walter. "You, however, would look awkward no matter what role you took."

The whole class laughed. Walter swallowed, his adam's apple moving as he stood there with his head up high.

"Maybe if I was able to move like you, then I'd look less like a statue." Walter rose his eyebrow. Marlon looked around the circle with a grin.

Then, Marlon nodded at Walter. "Okay. Pick a peach."

"What?" Walter furrowed his eyebrows.

"I said, pick a peach." Marlon repeated himself. "Go ahead."

Walter reached above his head awkwardly and tried to keep his balance as he pulled on an imaginary object. Then, he awkwardly began standing as he did before.

"Walter knows his role now, yet he still doesn't know how to execute it." Marlon announced to the class. "But that's okay, I'm sure most of you wouldn't know how to execute it. Not even our little ballerina over here."

Malary giggled at his reference.

"Today, we are learning exercises to focus our muscle tensions in different places of our body so that we flow well." Marlon told the class. "I want everyone to lay down."

We all looked to each other confusingly.

"Go on, lay down on any part of the floor you wish." Marlon encouraged. We all began walking around the circular floor to find a place to lay down on. Malary went elsewhere and I found myself amongst strangers where I chose.

That was until Walter laid down next to me. I glimpsed at him and he glared at me. I quickly broke eye contact and looked toward the ceiling as I laid there.

"We will be laying here for thirty minutes. Relax all of your muscles and bring your tensions into your shoulder blades and the base of the spine." Marlon instructed us. "Feel your body become balanced and whole."

"What is this, a yoga studio?" Walter grinned.

"What's yoga?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. Walter scoffed.

"You've never lived in Hollywood and it shows." Walter answered.

After enough time passed where we were practically all going to sleep, Marlon awoke us and asked us to sit up. There we all sat on the floor, some leaned back on their hands, others folded their legs comfortably as they sat there.

"Good. Now get on your hands and knees." Marlon instructed is. We all seemed confused, there was a humming amongst the students. "This exercise is called the cat, and trust me, it's much more than just laying like a lump on a log."

I tugged on the hem of my skirt as I turned onto my stomach and got on my hands and knees. My eyes peered up to find Marlon looking at me from the other side of the room, jaw clenched. He slowly made his way toward me, I felt a heat igniting between my legs.

"That's right. On your hands and knees just like that." Marlon said as he looked down at me. I looked at his black loafer shoes, then my eyes followed up his grey slacks to his crotch. My cheeks got warm once I saw the erection that was rising in his slacks, however it was very slight. I didn't dare look up at his face at this point, I wouldn't want to get out of the position.