"My wife...my w-wife" he pants.

"What of her" I say dryly lacking the patience for his labored breathing.

"THAT MAN" he spat. Suddenly having the air to speak. "He has been seeing my wife behind my back!"

The crowd around us let out a gasp as all eyes fluttered between the men.

"Please...H-heda. Give me the right to fight him to the death." He sat catching his breath at my feet.

I tilted my head as if considering the mans request. I wouldn't mind watching at fight...however letting such foolishness be rewarded with a fight wasn't exactly to my liking.

"Heda" Gustus whispered. Looking at me with cool eyes. Most would see a plain stare but I knew Gustus. He was asking me to consider.

The crowd erupted into a chant around us. "Fight..fight..fight." Men and women alike throwing their fists into the air.

"I am the commander!" I spat. "The crowd doesn't make the decisions."

The crowd quieted and the man still held by the guard began to struggle. The other staring into my eyes and begging for the right to fight. I looked down at him cooly. Unwavering in my decision.

"Kill them" I said. Voice void of emotion.

The guard pulled the man off his knees as he begged for his life. His eyes pleading with my own.

The men were lined up in the center of the crowd each with a guard behind him and a knife at his throat. The guards looked to me for the command.

Which I gave with a whispered "yu gonplei ste odon" [your fight is over].

The guards carried out their duty and the men fell to their knees in unison.

"Death by love, death by weakness" i mutter to myself as I turn to walk back to my tent.

"Heda!" I hear being shouted through the crowd as I stalk past and open the flap of my tent. I sit on my throne and twist my dagger with my fingertips.

"Heda...I"

"Come in Gustus" I groan

He stalks into my tent letting the flap close behind him. He has a look on his face that I have seen countless times. The hesitation caused by wavering emotions...weakness.

"What of the women" he says calmly.

"Banishment" I seethe.

"Heda...you-"

"Banishment from my lands and that of the 12 clans" I sneer. Challenging him to question my decision.

He stands silent but does not turn to leave.

"Do not question my decisions Gustus" I warm him.

He bows before my throne and looks towards me with knowing eyes.

"Heda..I only wish to protect you" he whispers.

"PROTECT ME FROM WHAT?" I snarl. I glare at him my stare deepened with hate.

"Your-yourself Heda" he sputters coldly.

"Guards!" I yell. Watching them enter and pick him up from his knees. He does not break his stare once as he is carried out of my tent. The flap closing behind him I gasp quietly.

Letting down my guard and no longer hiding my emotions I put my head in my heads as I gasp for air.

"Protect me from myself?" I spit angrily.

Regaining my composure I sit up in my throne as Indra enters with word of Trikru.

It is true, I am a ruthless commander void of emotion but thats how it has to be. The commander is to be alone. Emotion is weakness...love is weakness.

"Heda?" Indra questions.

"I'm listening" I snap back.