14

rosé pov

<'because that will hurt less than resenting you.'>

a tiny bonsai tree rests against the steel rim of a rusted window frame,

it is appears petulant and wise in the moonlight,

i carefully trace it's strong, knotted roots and sigh into myself.

there is that heart-breaking sobbing from next door, audible through the paper thin walls as the girl releases her grief onto the world.

what a sad world.

the only way to describe my heart right now would be - upset.

even the thin red slices decorating my fingertips can't compare to the salty sting my tears produce,

i continue sifting through the photos, i shouldn't...

but i do.

it's like cutting old scars, that red blood afresh and cascading down your blemished skin.

pressing my forehead against the icy window panes i let a warm breath swim through the frost so it transforms into budding water droplets.

i stare at the photo of hoseok and jimin wrapped in a tight embrace with me sandwiched between them,

lisa's shadow is visible on the wall behind us, camera lifted before her eyes as she snapped another shot.

"chaeyoung?"

i whirl around to the heavy click of a lock and a hunched figure assessing me with a grimace.

"y-yoongi," i stumbled, scrabbling to my feet and bowing hurriedly.

the man gave a distant flick of his hand, "stand up."

i did.

wiping my tears with the back of my hand, i bashfully toed the floor.

"you're in my apartment," yoongi grunted, slinging a duffel bag on the brusque bed in the corner.

"yeah i -

"we don't have our lesson today," min spat against the ground, messily wiping his mouth.

his eyeliner is smudged, casting prominent inky lines beneath his eyes that assist his terrifying appearance along with yoongi's disheveled clothing and bristling stiff hair.

he must be drunk.

i wet my lips, "sorry, it's just maybe for tonight it would be okay for me to stay-

"no."

"please yoongi!" i begged, desperation pining through me as i felt my tearsdrops start forming.

"you know my rules, now get out," yoongi began rummaging through his bag, pulling out tiny zipped plastic bags containing white powder inside.

i remained still, watching the careless man swear under his breath and occasionally snort roughly as the drug began it's effect, tilting his head back so it dripped steadily down the back of his throat.