3

jisoo pov

< 'in the end, we reached the mirage. and it became our reality. the scary desert, became the ocean with our blood, sweat and tears.' >

i don't really understand quite how i fell for jeon jungkook.

well, yes i do.

and i don't.

first, i cursed him for bringing such pain to my family. but he was only a child, two years my junior. i don't remember seeing him around campus, apparently he was an outcast,

the kid barely attended school, and his best subject was sport, he was the second best athlete in our entire university. an impressive feat, it was a title to hold, he could've had any girl with that label. 

but instead, he slunk away from the spotlight. and he was never interested in the girls that were in his year level. 

he liked noonas.

jungkook liked noonas.

everyone within a ten mile radius knew that.

he'd made it obvious and clear of the girls he liked. 

of course, there were the heartbroken ones and the forlorn love letters. jungkook rarely cared for them, he was only interested in one girl, and that girl happened to be me.

i felt sorry for jungkook, while angry at him i couldn't help viewing him only as a child. 

he was innocent and naïve, vulnerability present in those doe eyes. i made an effort to care for him, and slowly it wasn't an effort anymore. 

it became a need.

the more time i spent with him, i began to see his imperfections rather as perfection. i found beauty in 'flaws' that were simply characteristics, traits that solely belonged to jungkook, and try as i might, i could never find anyone like him, there would never be another jeon jungkook.

his vivid eye shine, the galactic eyes that held so much, his cherub nose, soft and straight,  his fuller lower lip that i'd tasted more than once. 

he was addictive, because i never had enough of jungkook.

i always wanted more, i was horrified to recognise my true intentions. i'd delved into the deep end, no longer were they idle sympathetic feelings. 

no, i was desperate for the love i'd lost in seokjin.

the time i'd wasted on min yoongi.

perhaps in some strange revenge i had chosen jungkook. 

they had been friends, you see, jungkook and yoongi, brothers of different blood.

such differing minds that thought so very alike. 

yoongi, the mysterious musician who kept away from humanity, he was rare, scarcely seen in daylight. 

a huge part of the underground scene, the core of seoul's nightlife. 

min yoongi made dirty money, laws hardly tied him down. every rule set was made to be broken by him.