13- Meet Us at Our First Date

I can still picture every single detail of that afternoon. I always tend to close my eyes to try to recreate the happiness that I felt back in that day. I knew Niall felt as happy as I did and that made me feel so good. There was no room for doubts anymore. I was no longer insecure about him liking some other of my band mates more than he liked me and that felt great.

The weather was excellent as well, the sky was as clear as possible and the streets were not as crowded as I thought they would be. Nobody was able to recognize us and I loved that. Everything about our first date was perfect.

“Do you like my city?” he smiled to me.

“I love it,” I admitted, “I just keep thinking that I can’t wait for you to come to London. Have you ever been there?”

“Yes,” he told me, “I was there the day your audition aired on TV.”

“Tell me about it,” I smiled.

“We joined my dad on a business trip. He was supposed to have a meeting with some people and we were there at the hotel all day long, as always,” he laughed, “We were watching the show with Hannah when you appeared and that’s when everything started.”

“What started?”

“You know,” he blushed a bit, “Us becoming directioners and all. Hannah was way more into you guys at first but then she carried me away with her and I couldn’t resist it.”

“It all happened so fast,” I sighed.

“Do you ever regret any of it?”

“Not at all,” I smiled to him, “Are we walking to our secret destination?”

“Yes. Don’t tell me you are tired already?”

“No,” I laughed, “I’m just checking.”

“A slice of pizza or a burger?” he asked randomly.

“Um, pizza of course,” I frowned, “Why?”

“Even if it’s only a slice?” he seemed kind of ashamed.

“Yes,” I wasn’t sure of what the question meant, “Why do you ask?”

“I can only afford two slices,” he smiled, “I’ll be right back.”

“Niall,” I stopped him, “You don’t have to get me anything. I should be the one doing that.”

“No,” he lifted his finger, “I told you I planned this date so food is on me.”

“But,” I bit my lips because he was so damn adorable and all I wanted was to hug all the air out of him.

“But nothing,” he seemed determined, “You wait here.”

A few minutes later, he came back with two slices of pizza and a can of coke, “Is coke okay for you? I forgot to ask you.”

“It’s perfect,” I smiled, “What are you drinking?”

“Nothing, I never drink when I eat,” he said and I knew he was lying.

“We can share my coke,” I winked at him, “Should we start eating or are we close?”

“We are close. I promise,” he rushed the walk, “This place is called Bosques de Palermo,” he explained.

“I’m not going to even try to pronounce that.”

“Palermo’s Woods or something like that,” he laughed, “It would be like our own Central Park. We can sit somewhere and watch ducks be silly and then the sunset.”