10- Meet The Allies

The excitement I felt running through my veins was something I’d never forget. My body was almost trembling when I was walking down those stairs. Louis followed me and I think he was mumbling some curses but I wasn’t paying attention to him.

“What took you so long?” Manuel wore a big smile that I’ve only seen him wear a few times.

“What do you mean?”

“I was told something like this could happen,” he said and I was seriously confused about that confession, “Get in the car. I’ll explain it to you there.”

“Am I allowed to get in there as well or do I need to call a cab?” Louis’ grumpiness was starting to show.

“Please don’t ruin this for me,” I glared at him. I didn’t mind him staying there with me. It was actually kind of better to have someone to share everything with but I was afraid he wouldn’t change his attitude and I needed nothing else but happiness around me. Manuel dialed a number and connected his phone to the car so we could hear the conversation from the speakers.

Hola,” a familiar voice answered in Spanish.

“Veronica?”

“Harry left the plane,” he smiled to me, “It took him long but he is right here next to me.”

“Oh my God, I knew it!” she exclaimed.

“How did you know I was going to do this?”

“I can read people, Harry,” she talked to someone in Spanish and I had no idea of what it was, “Ask Manuel to bring you back to my apartment.”

“Louis stayed too.”

“Louis?” she seemed surprised, “Oh.”

“The speakers are on, V,” Manuel rushed to say but it was too late.

“Oh?” Louis asked from the back seat, “I feel so unwelcomed now.”

“Come on!” Veronica laughed, “I just wasn’t expecting you but of course you are welcome here too.”

“I’d rather stay at a hotel,” he mumbled.

“I’ll drive them to your place,” Manuel continued the conversation, “Is Niall in there already?”

Niall will be there? Did he know about me staying too? So many questions were invading my thoughts and I was so excited about everything. It looked like I was going to get a lot of help from them to make things happen.

“You are supposed to pick him up later and bring him here,” she answered, “Just like we agreed. Now hurry up and bring the boys.”

“Will do that,” Manuel dismissed the call.

“I’m kind of overwhelmed,” I commented, “How did she know this would happen if I had no idea?”

“Well, Veronica is very special,” he laughed, “You should get used to these kind of stuff coming from her.”

“I guess you are right,” Manuel turned the music on and silence took over for a little while, “Do you know the reason why I stayed?”

“I have an idea,” he sighed, “But it’s better if that remains unsaid for now. I don’t need to know the details. I’m just doing my job.”

“As in I don’t want to be a party to this crime,” Louis coughed out, “Me neither, Manuel. I get you.”

“Louis,” I rolled my eyes, “Is there a Marriott somewhere close?” I joked.