Chapter sixteen- I love you

Maia ran next to the east river. Luke turned left and so did she. Then, she saw a small movement:" Luke, hold on." Then, she saw Lucian. Then, she sighed in relief. Then, they called Jace and Izzy:" People, we found him." Some minutes later, everyone was at Magnus' apartment. "Can we PLEASE go to sleep?", Jace begged." Oh wow- Jace Herondale is BEGGING. A miracle happened.", Simon said. "I just want to sleep because I'm exhausted and I have been almost killed by Goldilocks for about a million times." "I think Jace is right.", Isabelle said," Tomorrow we'll have to prepare everything for Magnus' and Alec's arrival." Jace rolled his eyes:" I'm out." Then, everyone went to bed.

"How did you get all the stuff into your suitcase?", Alec asked desperately. Magnus was still lying on the bed and Alec was getting all their luggage together. "Alec, calm down." "I want to be ready in twenty minutes so could you please get you hot ass to helping me?" Magnus rolled his eyes. Then, he stood up. As they finished packing, someone knocked at the door. "Alec, Magnus, are you ready?", Jem asked. "Yeah, sure." Jem helped them with their luggage. Magnus and Alec crossed the hallway a last time. "This place will always have a special place in my heart.", Magnus said, "And so will you." "I love you Magnus." "I love you too, Alexander." Magnus' forehead touched Alec's. Both smiled, then Alec kissed Magnus. Gently, quick but passionate. "We'll miss our flight.", Alec said. Magnus nodded. Then, hand in hand they got out of the hotel, went through the jungle-like park. Then, they said goodbye to Jem. "Thank you, Jem. We'll miss you."; Magnus said with teary eyes. Jem has become a great friend of theirs. Both hugged Jem. "Thank you. We'll stay in contact, Misters Bane." Alec smiled:" We're not married yet." "You should."

"Okay, where is the confetti?", Isabelle asked. They have been decorating all day and Magnus' apartment didn't look like it was an apartment anymore- everything was decorated with flowers, balloons and glitter. Jace and Simon desperately tried to attach a garland to the wall. "You have to hold it higher, Lewis!", Jace commanded. Simon rolled his eyes. "No, too high! Lower!" When the garland was finally attached, they put some glasses filled with glittering oil next to the world. Then, suddenly Belle, Goldilocks and David entered the room. "no.", Maia sighed but it was already too late. Goldilocks and David immediately started staring at the garland. Luckily, it was too high for them too reach. Well, apparently it WASN'T too high. Goldilocks jumped on Jace's back, on hiss head and then onto the garland. "You're such a beast!", Jace swore, scratching his head. "LEWIS, next try.", he yelped, skeptically staring at the half-way ruined garland. Then, Isabelle's phone rang. She escaped the party house into the bathroom. It was Alec's number. "Hello?", she picked up the call. "Oh my god, you're there." "Alec, is everything fine?" "Yes.", he answered. Then he told her everything about their journey and about what Jem said. "I want to propose to Magnus. I have been wanting to do it since forever, but I think Jem is right. I should do it.", he finished. Isabelle was about to scream:" Okay, do you have a ring?" "Yes. I mean no. But I want to propose with the family ring to him." "DO you have one extra?", Isabelle asked. "Yes. In my closet, where my suits are- in the trousers of my red marriage suit you will find a red box with the lightwood ring I got for Magnus. Get it. Prepare something. And then, give it to me when we arrive." "Alec, I am so happy for you. I love you." "I love you too." Isabelle hung up and got to the Bedroom. There, she found the ring. As she got back to the entry, she got a little shock- it was a total mess. "Guys, listen. New plan. Screw the welcoming stuff, we're decorating for a proposal." Everyone's jaw dropped. "Who?", Jace asked in disbelief. "Your Parabatai." "This is AMAZING!", Clary screamed and broke the silence. Quickly, Isabelle did a to do list. Simon and Luke made a path out of candles leading towards the balcony. There, Jace placed all kinds of flowers. Clary and Maia put ribbons on all the cats. Isabelle was just running around, trying to organize everything. Finally, everything was done- The apartment was clean, the entry decorated with balloons, candles and flowers, the cats were pretty. Everyone dressed up. Then, they heard a key- someone was opening the door. Suddenly, Magnus and Alec stepped in. "Alec!", Isabelle screamed and hugged her brother. Meanwhile she let the box with the ring slip into the pocket of his jacket. "Thank you."; he whispered. "I'm so excited.", Isabelle said. Alec grinned:" Trust me, me too." Then, everyone entered the kitchen and saw the beautiful decoration. "Awww! This is so romantic, Alec."; Magnus said. Alec grinned:" You like it?" "I love it." Magnus leant forwards to kiss Alec, but Alec flinched:" Wait one minute." Instead, Alec took Magnus' hand and followed the candle path onto the balcony, everyone behind them, confetti cannons hit behind their backs. Magnus sighed:" This is so beautiful." They had a perfect view on New York's skyscrapers fading into the sky. The glass was glittering in the sun. Then, Alec knelt down. Magnus gasped. "Magnus, I loved you since I met you the first time. Since I looked into your eyes, saw your heart of gold. All your perfect imperfections, all your edges, I want all of you. Forever. Magnus, I am not good at speeches but you never judged me for that. Apparently, you never judged me for anything. No matter what dork I've been, you were always next to me, ignoring all the hatred. Magnus, our relationship wasn't easy, but no matter how difficult it will be, I know I will spend the rest of my life with you being my family. Magnus Bane, high Warlock of Brooklyn, I love you and therefore I want to ask- will you marry me?" Magnus began to shake, his eyes filled with tears. "Yes. Yes, I want to marry you." With the brightest smile on earth, Alec put his family ring on Magnus finger and stood up. He looked into his fiancé's eyes. Then, they did the sealing kiss and the confetti canons were fired. And so they stood, Magnus and Alec, fiancés, in Magnus' apartment in New Your underneath a cloud of pink confetti. "I love you." "I love you too."