Chapter eight- The big cleanup

Alec stroke Magnus' hair. It was hard. He felt the spikes Magnus did that morning crumble under his fingertips. Down there, close to Magnus' scalp, his hair was soft, not glued together by the tons of hair gel and glitter his boyfriend styles his hair with every day. Usually, in the evening, after he took a shower Magnus' hair was soft and silky. It looked like shimmering black liquid coal. But others only knew him as a glittery, shining appearance at a party. "How could you fall in love with a rainbow?", Jace asked Alec once. And still, Alec didn't know. He was more on the shy, inconspicuous side. He used to hate it when people stared at him, so he often downgraded his look with old sweaters. But now, next to Magnus, it wasn't possible to not be stared at. I mean, A tall, good-looking guy holding hands with another guy, dressed like the King of Unicorns with glitter all over- that was quite an appearance. But Alec didn't care anymore. He loved all about Magnus. All of his looks, all of his personalities. Everything. As Alec looked at his hand, he saw it was covered in holographic glitter flakes which seemed to be even shinier in the sunset-light. Alec chuckled. That was typically Magnus. And there was not a single thing he could do about it. Not that he ever wanted to.

"They are monsters!", Jace said, putting disinfecting spray on the scratches Pugna left on his face. Simon chuckled:" Guys, Jace Herondale, one of the best Shadowhunters right now can kill a pack of demons on his own, but is not able to manage some cats." "This is ridiculous.", Jace contradicted," I was trained to kill demons and other creatures that I have to manage. As a Shadowhunter, to manage a pack of demons means to kill them. Here, with those stupid cats, its exactly the other way around- to manage cats means to try that they don't get themselves killed. Which is the exact opposite of the thing that I was trained to do. You can't compare that!" "It still is kind of funny, you have to admit that.", Isabelle added. Jace answered with a grin. Then Clary stepped inside. "Guys, I think we should clean up the apartment. Like, seriously, there is still glass on the floor and it is super dusty." Simon nodded. "Guys, let's build teams of two- Jace and Clary, you'll deal with the bathrooms and the entry, Izzy and I will try to clean up the bedroom and the office, Maia and Luke, you'll clean the kitchen and the living room. I think, for the cat room we need united power so let's do that together.", Simon explained. "Alright, let's get to work!", Luke said, grabbed Maia and got her to the kitchen. The floor was covered in stains of all colors and shapes and sizes: Some of them were footprints, some of them seemed to be a stain of milk, but most of them were non-definingly. Luke sighed- although Clary cleaned up most of the mess right after it happened that night, you could still se some remains, so he and Maia started whipping off the dust and the crumbs and all the other dirt from the table, the chairs, the stove and the countertops. "Eww! This is so disgusting!", Maia said, opening the oven and seeing all the dirt in there. With a sigh, she got on her knees, stuck her had inside the oven and started cleaning. Meanwhile, Jace and Clary were struggling with the bathroom. "Where the hell do they have their toilet cleaner?", Jace shouted out in pure despair. "I guess, they don't need that kind of stuff- they have magic.", Clary answered. "That's not a household then! Every proper household needs a toilet cleaner!" "Oh, come on.", Clary said, grabbed the liquid soap, mixed it with a liquid which seemed to be something to clean up your kitchen, dipped a sponge into the mixture and started cleaning the toilet. "Look. That's how you do it."; she said and gave the sponge to Jace, who looked really disgusted. But he took it and started cleaning, while Clary was cleaning the sink. Something rushed into the bathroom, and before Clary could even say something, David jumped int the toilet bowl. The water splashed all over the bathroom and got directly into Jace's face. Clary was wet, too. Actually, the whole bathroom was. "That did not happen.", Jace said, trying to keep his voice calm. "That's how you thank me for spending a night at the hospital with you, saving your life because you dumbass cat felt the urge to eat chocolate in an amount which could turn out to be dangerous, even for a human?" Izzy stuck her head in the bathroom:" Are you guys okay? Clary?" "You should rather ask me if I'm okay instead of Clary.", Jace complained. "Well, I know you're okay, I am sure Magnus and Alec heard your conversation in Dubai." Clary's face was read because she needed to laugh so hard and she tried not to. So, she stood up and helped David out of the toilet bowl. Now she really needed to laugh. "Go, I guess aunt Izzy will be happy to wash you.", Clary said and gave the wet cat to Isabelle. Now it was Jace to laugh. Then, suddenly, David convulsed and little waterdrops flew through the air. Now, Isabelle was wet, too. Maia and Luke finally finished cleaning the kitchen, so they decided to wash the floor. "It is so hard to not get stripes all over the floor when you wash it.", Maia said. Luke nodded:" But I think we're good. I mean, this looks perfect." Then, before they were even able to react, Goldilocks, Pugna and Biscuit ran into the kitchen and started sliding on the fresh-washed and still wet floor. "No! Pugna, stop it!", Maia screamed, but it didn't help. The cats got dangerously close to the countertops where lots of spices stood, beautifully lined up. Knowing the cats, they knew they had to stop them before they get there, so Maia and Luke stepped on the wet floor, knowing they'll have to wash it again and caught the cats. "I think, we need a new plan.", Maia said and shut the door.