My hair blew along with the wind that carry the fragile dandelions. The air smelled of blood and death. The sun shone high up in the clear blue sky.

My heart was hammering wildly against my rib cage as I saw the familiar faces of the pack members. They were all dead, laying in cold blood.

My throat closed up as I took in my surrounding. I blinked back the tears that were threatening to spill.

This was a nightmare. This was not real. This was just a fragment of-

"Meryl..."

I would recognised that voice anywhere. Going against the harsh blowing wind, I turned around. My hair disrupted my view, recklessly blowing over my face. My white dress flew in the direction of the wind, sticking to one side of my body due to the sheer force of the wind.

"Meryl..." He called me out again.

His dark hair blew along with the harsh wind, he was bleeding from his forehead, a trail of blood at the side of his face. He looked disheveled and in pain as he clutched the side of his stomach.

I smiled through my tears when I saw him, when I recognized him. "Xerxes..." He was here with me.

He took a step towards my direction and I did the same, wanting to be in his arms and forget the pain and suffering, wanting him to take me away from this haunting place.

His black shirt fluttered at the edges due to the harsh blowing wind and his mark, the head of a black wolf peeked from the hem of his pants. I knew that mark very well, it was a mark for being a Royal blood. Xerxes had told me about it when I asked him about the tattoo like mark on his pelvis area.

"Meryl...my love..." His steps were slow as if it took a great amount of his strength to move his body.

Unable to wait any longer, I quicken my pace but my feet instantly stopped in its track when I saw a looming figure behind Xerxes, his face hidden by Xerxes' form.

My eyes widen when I saw the looming figure raise his hand in the air, an antique shiny dagger in his hand, ready to stab Xerxes.

"No..." I whispered under my breath, my word mixing with the wild wind. My gaze remained fixated at the scene unfolding before my eyes. "XERXES, BEHIND YOU..." I screamed.

I watched helplessly as Xerxes' smile slowly dropped. The man pulled his hand back and with sheer force drove the dagger at Xerxes' neck. "DON'T." I screamed running towards them.

With a painful groan Xerxes dropped to the ground. My eyes remained on Xerxes as his face contorted in pain and he struggled to breathe. I stumbled and fell on my knees, my hands laying flat on someone's chest.

"Karl..." A sob raked from my body when I saw whose chest my hands laid on. His lifeless eyes were wide open as he stared at my direction.

What was happening?

"Meryl..." Xerxes let out a painful groan.

My eyes snapped his way and I sobbed, unable to keep it within me anymore. It was all too much. "Xerxes..." I cried when he stopped struggling, his body going limp, his eyes wide opened and on me.

The man stood behind Xerxes laying body, his shirt rode up a little due to the brutal blowing wind around us and I caught a glimpse of a familiar mark of a Royal peeking from the hem of his pants.

The head of a white wolf.

My body jerked forward with force and I gasped, my eyes blinked open. "Meryl." I heard a familiar voice close to me.