|Twenty-Two|

Meryl Kloss Pov

A shiver raked down my spine as the chilly night air nipped at my bare arms, legs and face. The satin pyjama set I was clad in did little to keep me warm- a matching sleeveless peach coloured camisole and shorts.

My gripped on the railing tighten as I drew in a deep breath catching a hint of musk and wood in the night air.

He was near.

Xerxes is here. My wolf happily pointed out the fact to me. I didn't respond anything back and continued gazing in the distant.

Standing on the balcony of my room, our room, I saw the thick forest in a distance that surrounded the pack and acted as a barrier from the outside world.

The full moon glowed at its fullest capacity, its light gracing every nook and corner yet the forest remained dark and alluring.

I heard multiple howls somewhere in the distance, coming from within the thick forest- patrolling wolves.

The air was calm, the night chilly but I was anything but calm. All sorts of thoughts ran on my mind, trying to come up with a solution for my situation.

How long would it take for me to run through that forest? I wasn't able to shift, I couldn't and that landed me with only one option- run with my feet because I had no car.

But then again, how would I be able to mask my scent from pack members or Xerxes? He'd find me for sure. Not to forget the bodyguards placed outside of the house to guard me. I'd never be able to walk out of this place without them not noticing me.

I don't approve of this, Meryl. My wolf disapproving voice reached me.

I know Vivi but I am doing this for us.

We will be happy with him. My wolf was adamant with my idea to leave Xerxes and go back to my pack but she will soon realise why I did what I am planning to do.

"What are you doing?" I caught a whiff of his distinct scent before his deep voice reached my ears. My wolf started purring at his mere presence.

My grip on the railing tighten to the extend of making my knuckles turn white, stopping the blood flow to that particular area. Swallowing past the nervousness than suddenly bloomed in me because of my forbidden thoughts, I managed to utter out. "I was watching the moon." I sounded genuine and was thankful for not stuttering.

I heard his approaching footsteps before I felt his hard body on my back. Caging me and keeping me in place.

I grew stiff almost instantly at his mere touch, his hands rested beside my hands on the railing as I felt his breath on my neck.

My heart was thumping ever loudly at his sudden close proximity. My ears were filled with nothing but the beating of my own heart and his soft breathing on my neck.

I was certain even he could hear the loud beating of my heart but I was immobile. He effected me that much and even he knew it.

I couldn't move or utter a word because honestly, I didn't know what to say and was afraid he'd pull back if i utter anything insensible and I didn't want him to pull away. I wanted him close despite his aloofness from me most of the times.

"Why do I feel like you're lying, little one?" His deep voice cut the silence of the night. My breath hitched at his assumption but all thoughts left me when i felt his lips on my neck, trailing butterfly kisses up on my neck.

Nothing mattered to me anymore, his kisses consumed me wholly and I wasn't even fighting, I didn't want to.

I gasped when I felt his lips on the submission mark and started to wiggle against his front when he started sucking on it, hard. A giddy feeling spread through me and an uncomfortable knot started forming in my stomach.