|Fifty- One|

XERXES KNIGHT

After a very, very long time, I felt at ease, something I was still yet to get used to. Perhaps, the little vixen snuggled close up to me had something to do with it.

Thinking about Meryl automatically brought a smile on my face. My hand lying over her bare waist felt her smooth, velvet skin under my palm as I rubbed it softly, just feeling her against me.

Her naked back pressed on my front, as she slept soundly, unaware of my burning gaze and my carnal thoughts to take her again. She needed sleep, so I let her get some. I can wait.

My nose buried in her hair and I inhaled deeply, taking in her familiar scent that I will never get used to. She was addictive.

My hand leisurely trialed down her navel and over her thigh in a mindless pattern, my fingers traced the skin just above her womanhood and rubbed her hip lightly.

My action caused her to stir a little and murmur something incoherent before she turned around and buried her face in my chest, sleeping soundly.

I pushed the hair away from her face and my hand once again wandered under the covers and over her hip, my thumb rubbing over her pelvis bone.

My fingers froze and slowly, I traced the skin again then again and around it yet I couldn't trace the scar she had. Confused, I pushed myself up on the bed trying my best to wake her up and slowly pushed the covers from her body.

My eyes zeroed over her hips and traced the now smooth skin. There was no scar, the amulet she had on her that Celestial told us about. The skin was as smooth as a baby's not a trace of any scar or a miniscule mark of it.

How can it vanished?

"Xerxes..." Meryl's hand stretched out searching for the me and then the cover as she shivered a little. With her eyes closed, her forehead creased and her hands started to wander over the empty side of the bed where I was sleeping a minute ago.

I put the covers back on her and laid back pulling her to me. Instantly, I heard her released a content sigh and snuggled closed to me burying her nose on my neck.

"Xerxes..." Sleepily, she mumbled my name, her pretty eyes blinking at me once.

I held her close and whispered, "Shh, I am here. Sleep now." She willingly obliged and I felt her relaxing under my arms.

The vanishing of her scar bothered me, not letting me sleep. I remembered a week ago, Meryl mentioned to me how she had pinned down Helen and also got a report from Helen about Meryl's progressing training. Her progress was rapid and almost at an impossible rate.

I had then didn't give a much thought to the reason behind her progress thinking her progress was because of our mating being finally complete, and focused more on her growing strength.

But the vanishing of her amulet which was protecting her since her birth, didn't quite seem like an normal or usual thing.

I will have to talk to Meryl about it and even Celestial.

Amidst the raging thoughts swarming in my head, I gave up to sleep which eventually came with having Meryl so close to me, giving me comfort and successfully calming me.

*

"Good morning, Lucy." I heard Meryl greet Lucy with a bright smile before taking the vacant seat opposite of me. She looked radiant in her a yellow sundress, her hair tied back in a ponytail.

She faced me and gave me bright smile before thanking Lucy who filled a plate and placed it before her along with a glass of OJ. Soon, Lucy took her leave and we were left alone.