Chapter 20: The Letter

(At the polish airbase Near the New base)

After landing the C-17, it drop its ramps down for the operators to walk out  seeing the bases personal handing out water bottles and MRE's to them then greeted the new Lieutenant Colonel and commander of the base.

Soldier: "Witamy w nowym dowódcy bazy."
             (welcome to your new base commander.) he salutes to mikey.

Mikey: "w spokoju żołnierz, jaka jest sytuacja broni i sprzętu?"
             (at ease soldier, whats the situation of the weapons and equipment?)

Soldier: "obaj będą tu za godzinę."
              (both will be here in 1 hour sir.)

Mikey: "i każde słowo od szóstego?"
             (and any word from six?)

Soldier: "Tak, proszę pana, właśnie wylądowała w USA, ona i CIA pracują nad znalezieniem celu."
               (yes sir, she just landed in the USA, her and the CIA are working on finding the target sir.)

Mikey: "pokazuje warunki życia bazy?"
          (hows the base's living condition?)

Soldier: "czyste jak zawsze sir, operatorzy będą poruszać się w bazie bez żadnych problemów."
               (clean as always sir, the operators will be moving in the base with no trouble.)

Mikey: "dobrze ... powiedz operatorom, żeby spotkali się ze mną na korytarzu, muszę im powiedzieć, co się teraz dzieje, to wszystko."
             (good... tell the operators to meet me in the hallway, i need to tell them whats going on for now, that is all.)

after the soldier salutes, mikey walks in the base and waited at the lobby for the operators as they walked in and when everyone is present at the there, mikey stands on a crate and gets everyone's attention.
Mikey: "everyone listen up, we have a situation, for now this is your new base run by me, six is going back to the u.s. to help the CIA track down Jordan who is now a huge threat, for now this is your new home, welcome to Warsaw, Poland, any questions?" he saw a hand raised.
Mikey: "yes frost?"
Frost: "when will we go back to the original base?"
Mikey: "never it has been compromised, anymore?" another raised.
Mikey: "finka?"
Finka: "where is kapkan?"
Mikey: "just say... he is hanging around outside the base... what the Americans say... chilling." they knew what he ment about kapkan's faith.
Mikey: "anymore, ok the personal of the base will show you your new dorms, if you need me, i will be in my office at the third floor." after he gets down from the crate he gets up on the stairs and as he makes it to the hallway of pictures of commanders who were here before and the last photo was his father.
Mikey: "..." without saying anything he goes in his office looking around and see the view of the airfield nearby, the clean clear desk, but it has a letter for the commander to read so mikey opens the letter and reads it.

     Dear reader, i am former GROM commander jan bosak if you open this letter, you are now the new commander, congratulation for your promotion. but this letter is not about that, its about my mistake.
I am a father of three, two daughters and a son. my oldest daughter is part of grom with me, my second daughter is in Berlin doing her studies of arts, and my son... for him i made decision by forcing my son to join the army... it made me feel guilty of... i thought i made him into a man but it made him into a monster... his wounds will heal, but his scars won't... he wanted to help people but i wanted him to help his country... i should've let him do what he wanted to do... so, if you have any children let this letter remind you so you don't make the same mistake i can't undo.
         sincerely commander jan bosak.

Mikey: "now you want to apologize?"
mikey grips the letter and crumbles it before throwing it to the trash bin.
Mikey: (i will keep your word.) then mikey goes on his phone and calls his sister.