She sensed that his pouting wasn't just because of her joke.

"Hey. Even if the whole world still can't know about us..." Yue said, taking his hand and putting it over her heart. "The most important thing is my heart knows who it belongs to."

Dylan's expression softened instantly at her words. After a few seconds of feeling her heart beat in sync with his, he reached up to cup her cheek. 

"So does mine. It will always belong to you, Shen Yue. I love you." he said.

"You promise?" she asked as she smiled and leaned in to his hand feeling her cheeks getting warmer.

"Pinky promise!" Dylan said, taking her hand and lacing his pinky finger around hers. She laughed at his attempt to squeeze so tight.

"Wait no, that's not enough." he said letting go and started removing his beloved pinky ring.

"Wang He Di, no! A pinky promise was enough, I didn't ask you to actually give me a promise ring." she said realizing what he was about to do.

He didn't answer her and proceeded with placing the circular piece of jewellery on her left ring finger.

"You know promise rings can be worn on any finger right? And this ring means so much to you!" Yue tried to argue.

"Yes, but I wanted to practice for the time when I'll be placing something more permanent there." he said with a wink.

"Look, the universe seems to agree too. It fits perfectly on you." he said, raising her hand where he softly left a kiss on where his previously-owned ring now resides.

"Didi..."

"There is nothing else I want in this world but for us to grow old together watching the stars like this, Shen Yue. I promise you we will." he said with eyes sparkling as bright as the stars that lit the sky above them.

Yue didn't know what to say in return, overwhelmed hearing Dylan talk about and even promise a future with her.

Her heart was overflowing with joy and she wanted him to know; she closed the gap between them with a kiss, with tears flowing down her cheeks, hoping she could express just how much love she felt for him in this moment.

~~~

1:45am. Yue tossed and turned on the bed. That was the third time her thoughts took her back to that promise on that rooftop.

When will she get some quality sleep? Her make-up artist is going to freak out again tomorrow, or later actually, when she sits on the chair bringing along her bigger eye bags and a sallow face.

She already couldn't count how many nights any signs of restful sleep have steered clear from her.

Sure, she was on her bed with her eyes closed the whole night, but instead of dozing off, her mind was filled with noise that kept her awake.

She even invited Xiao Wen and JiaQi for a sleepover tonight, in the hopes of distracting her mind from all the thoughts that were hounding her.

For a while, it kind of worked.

The two got her mind off things, cheering her up and making her forget her worries. But now that her best friends were sound asleep in the giant air mattress they positioned in the middle of Yue's room, she was left alone with her thoughts again, restless and bothered.

If only she could do something to forget Dylan telling her he still wanted to keep his promise.

Might as well add all the other things: that interview with Sally, the way he looked at her when he said he was proud, that tattoo she never knew he had gotten, when he asked her to keep the pinky ring...that kiss. THAT KISS.