Fresh - Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold

Start from the beginning

Move.

The desperation forced him to get up, but when he tried to, he fell back to the ground.

He looked behind him and his eyes widened at what he saw.

Sometimes people would arrive at Tess' house with injuries so severe the human doctors completely gave up on them. Most of those injuries were lost limbs. Circumference still clearly remembered one child being escorted up to Tess' cottage, with 3/4 of his leg completely gone. The bone could be seen poking out from the red interior, and blood would not stop pouring. Her house was soaked within minutes, if it weren't from the blood from the leg, it was from the tears of the poor child. Luckily, he survived, Tess was an amazing healer, but he needed a crutch to compensate for the missing leg.

This must be what that kid felt during those initial moments he lost his leg.

Everything up to the middle of his left thigh was completely liquified, almost as if Aster magically turned 3/4 of the flesh on his leg into red fluid. Torn chunks of raw flesh could be seen littering his surroundings. Even his trousers and boots were destroyed. The tainted red stained his other, intact leg, and Circumference blacked out for a second. The pain was excruciating. There weren't even enough words competent enough to describe how blinding the pain was, as the void clawed at his remaining flesh. Circumference wanted to vomit, but nothing came out. The desperation was still there, however, so he summoned as much strength as he could in his arms and started crawling away. The agonising movement directed his attention to wounds on his arms he didn't even know where there. But he didn't care. He needed to get away from Aster before he killed him.

Move.

Time seemed to slow down for him, as the process of pulling himself along the grass seemed to take hours and hours. The exposed flesh on his body was bleeding like someone filled up his body with just as much fluid as the Niagra falls. Not to mention his missing leg, which seemed to account for at least 75% of all the blood lost. Every few minutes he'd black out, only to start crawling again, desperate to live. Desperate for a last minute save. Desperate for the slim chance that Trinity would find him and save him. Was... Was anybody going to save him? Was Trinity really going to be on his side? Tears were streaming down his face now. The feral animal that was named Circumference started to realise that there was no hope. Too much blood lost. Too much pain.

And although the moon filled his world with a brilliant silver light, everything started to go black.

Until he saw a pair of feet that were coloured a familiar pale white.

He craned his head upwards. The black in his vision was getting stronger and stronger, drowning out colour. And whatever colour he did see, it was blurry, but the beautiful white he saw immediately gave Trinity's identity away. 

"Trinity...?" He croaked. Just taking felt like lava being poured down his throat. His heart wrenched at the sight of her. What was she going to do? Forget the physical wounds, the mental wounds that were sunk into his heart was where the pain truly came from. It was unbearable enough to the point where it rivalled torture. The look in his sole, intact eye was a cocktail of anguish, fear and despair.

And of course, pain.

The nectar of agony dripped down his cheeks. For his right eye, the tears that leaked out were streaked with red. His deep, ragged, desperate breaths struggled to keep his broken heart beating. The glisten in his eyes were getting duller and duller. He desperately hoped that she would save him. Save him from the murderous monsters that just attempted to slaughter him. He heard her moving, and he tried to focus on the figure in front of him.

Her beautiful face calmed his broken heart. It soothed the pain ever so slightly.

And felt a soft touch on his cheek.