Chapter 33: Transit 2

Seth poked his head out of the bathroom as he heard a knock at his and Nova's door. He had just finished a shower and was in the process of drying off. He wasn't sure where Nova had gone, elsewhere on the ship he supposed.

"Who is it?" he called.

"Me," said Nova. "And Seri."

He considered it for a moment. Both women had showered with him, though only one of them had slept with him. Seri didn't seem to mind nudity.

"Come in," he said.

He resumed drying off in the bathroom. It had been a bit since their final excursion on Hoth. After hitting space, Seth and Nova had hit their bed and slept for a solid ten hours. After getting up, they'd showered, grabbed a meal, and then gone off to work on their own things. Seth mainly just wanted to work out. He felt like he might be drifting towards falling out of the habit, now that his life of regular routine was evidently gone, for the moment at least. Hopping between worlds with a crew where he was the only Republic soldier and where he was not only allowed to sleep in his own room, but share it with an extremely attractive and sexually enthusiastic woman, was really messing up his schedule. Not that he particularly minded.

But his body had been silently urging him back towards working out, so that's what he'd done. Although it had been kind of hard, what with all the strain and injuries lately, he'd taken some painkillers and pushed through. After a good two hour session, he'd hit the shower.

The door opened and they came in, closing it behind them.

"Okay, you're just getting out of a shower, perfect," Nova said as she came to stand in front of the bathroom door.

He glanced behind him and saw Seri walk over to the bed and sit down. She looked...anxious. "Why is that perfect?" he asked.

"Well, remember that thing that you kept asking about? The thing that Seri and I had?"

"The private conversation?"

"Yes."

"I do. What about it?"

"Well, I told you I'd let you know if or when it became your business. And now it is! Seri wanted me here for the beginning of it, so, Seri?"

Seth finished drying off and wrapped the towel around his waist. He came to stand in the doorway and looked at her. "What's up?" he asked. "Is everything...all right?"

"Oh yes," Seri replied quickly. "Everything is fine. It's not a bad thing. I just..." she hesitated for a moment. "I want to have sex with you."

"Oh," he said.

"Yes. And, well, I thought it best to talk it over with Nova first. It...kind of came up in conversation a few days ago. I've been thinking about it ever since we had that shower together. It was something I had to think about for awhile, and then awhile longer when you went together with Nova. Um, to be clear, I don't want a relationship, I just want to try and see what sex with you would be like. And probably just once, just so we're completely clear on the encounter."

"And you're okay with this?" Seth asked, glancing at Nova.

"Yes. I like both of you a lot, and this seems like it would be good for both of you. So, whatever you decide, have fun. I'll leave you to it."

She gave him a kiss and then left the room.

"So...are you, you know, interested?" Seri asked. "Nova said you were..."

"Yes," he replied. He felt awkward, but also aroused and excited. "I am interested." He laughed suddenly. "It's really rare I get to have conversations like these."