Chapter 7: Number Five

Start from the beginning

"They work for my former employer.  A woman called the Handler.  She sent them to stop me.  Then, soon as Diego's friend got in the way, Well fair game."  Five shrugged a bit.

"And now they're my fair game and I'm gonna make sure they pay Diego gave him a look and turned away, heading to the door.

"Diego."  Esme called to him.

"That would be a mistake Diego.  They kill people far more dangerous than you."

"Yeah. We'll see about that."  Diego walked out the door, closing it making Esme sigh.

No one said anything for a bit and Esme made her way to the door.

"Where are you going?"  Five questioned.

"Well unlike all of you I'm worried about Klaus."

"We told you not to go by yourself."  Luther looked at her.

"I'll catch up with Diego. It'll be fine."  She waves him off and headed out making her way to Diego's car. Or where it was.

"Shit."  She mumbled.

"Guess I'll find him myself."

~~~

Five knocked on Klaus' door making him turn around.

"Oh hey."  Klaus looked at him, sniffing a bit.

"You Okay?"

"Uh. Yeah. Long night."

"More than one from the looks of it."  Five stuffed his hands in his pocket while Klaus put his shirt on.

"Yeah." 

"Don't remember the dog tags."

"Yeah. They uh belonged to a friend."

Five cocked his head to the side a bit.

"How about that tattoo?"

"You know I don't remember totally even getting it. It was a long night."  Klaus let out a small laugh.

"You did it didn't you?"  Five walked into his room.

"What?"  Klaus gave him a look.

"The time traveling.  The symptoms you're having. I had that.  So. You going to tell me about it?"  Five questioned while Klaus sat on the couch.

"Your pals. When they broke into the house looking for you, they took me hostage instead."

"Oh you stole their briefcase."  Five shook his head.

"Yeah. I thought there was money in it or I could pawn it or something." 

Five shook his head pacing around the room a bit.

"You know this is why I don't tell any of you guys anything only Esme."  Klaus pointed out as Five stopped, looking at him.

"Instead of getting mad at me she would listen to what I have to say and ask if I'm alright.  Where is she?  I'd rather tell her this."  He fiddled with his hands.

"Good innocent Esme went looking for you."  Five rolled his eyes.

"She's so sweet."  Klaus smiled widely.