I just about die at the sight, his face and lips only inches from mine as he waits. I catch on right away, leaning in to press a soft, quick kiss to his lips like he knew I would.

"Good girl," he murmurs when I pull back.

Blushing, I press my head back against his shoulder as his hand moves back down to rest at my side. I can already tell he's going to be especially difficult this morning, but I'm determined to succeed.

"Can't keep your eyes closed forever." I mumble, shifting myself to get comfortable against him.

And I don't mean to—or, maybe, a small part of my subconscious had—but as soon as I shift, the leg that's rested between his shifts too, and that's when my knee brushes against a part of Luke that's much more awake than the rest of him is.

He groans; a small, deep, involuntary noise from his throat at the contact. He's so quick to grip my thigh to stop the movement that it almost makes me grin. But then he's leaning down and speaking in my ear in a gravely voice and I simply can't.

"Good girls need to play fair."

Slowly I bring my head back up, pleased to see he's finally opened his eyes, in all their blue, burning glory. "Accident." I bite the corner of my lip to hide the guilty smile.

"Mmhm," he jerks my thigh up, hooking it around his waist. "You've been accidentally doing that all night."

This time I do smile, sheepishly. "I think you're exaggerating."

Luke's brow quirks up, shifting me by the hips to straddle me fully over his lap, pressing me down rather sharply against him. My jaw drops a bit in surprise as I fall forward against his chest.

I gulp when he nudges my head to the side, speaking low right at my ear. "Does that feel like I'm exaggerating, Elise?"

"No." I shake my head quickly, truthfully, since I can physically feel—quite literally—the point he's trying to make.

"Hm," he hums against my skin, pressing a kiss to the spot below my ear. "What am I going to do with you today?" He muses, tapping his fingers against the outside of my thigh.

"I—I don't know." I swallow when his lips linger on my skin.

He chuckles a bit, clearly amused. "I know what I'd like to do."

"What's that?" I ask him quietly.

Luke drags one of his hands from my leg to cup my face, tilting my head so it's level with his own. "Stay here, all day, in bed," he smiles. "With you." He adds.

"You want to?"

"More than anything," he sighs.

"But?" I pout.

"But," he runs his thumb over my cheek. "We have things to do today."

I raise a brow. "We do?"

"Well, I do," he murmurs with a small smile. "But I want you to come with me," he tilts his head. "That alright with you, pretty girl?"

I smile, a familiar warmth flooding through me. "Of course it is."

Luke grins. "There's my good girl," in a second he's raising himself to sit up, bringing me with him. A swift kiss is pressed to my cheek before he lifts me off of him to stand at the side of the bed. I'm about to walk off toward the bathroom, to at least shower and attempt to get ready, but an arm hooks around my waist to pull me straight back against a firm chest.