Part 2: storm

Here I was again. Mr.Kims office. As I sat in front of him I stared blankly. "You have to want the help for it to be effective Y/N.."

he reminded me in his calm and soothing voice. Still, I stayed silent which I new he found annoying but he didn't give up.

"Let's start with the social anxiety.. I've found it's the easiest to get rid of out of the three."

I only nod, letting him continue speaking. "Why don't you try to make a friend? I know it's very scary but don't push yourself to do it. Go slow. If you feel like speaking to someone.. try it. Don't hold back."

I nod again. "And Y/N?" Finally I focused on him. I knew he was handsome the first time I saw him but.. the more I saw him the more I noticed. His eyes focused on me and he smiled softly "thank you for trying.." I nodded to him a third time and left the room.

~

Jin had to stay at the school late so it was up to me to get groceries and cook. As I was at the grocery store my eyes trailed out the window. It had started to rain.

It was picking up quick. In homes of saving myself from the storm I quickly put the chicken in my little basket and ran to the cashier.

After paying I grabbed my two big bags and headed outside. Unfortunately I wasn't able to beat the storm. It was pouring rain.

The rain was going hard and fast and I was soaked almost instantly. It was freezing and the howling wind burned my skin as it hit against me.

However I continued to walk, regardless of how far my house was. That was until there was a tree that fell right beside me.

I realized it was too dangerous to walk so I just sat in front of someone's house, holding my arms and shivering as I wait for the storm to go down.

It felt like forever before the door of the house opened. Seeing the light from the corner of my eyes I looked up and was shocked to see Mr.Kim standing there, looking pretty worried.

"Y/N..? Is that you?" He called out. Then, after running to me he helped me up and grabbed my grocery bags and helped me inside.

The second I got in the door I fell straight to my knees again, coughing and crying softly.

"You're not going back out there.. I'm going to call Jin. Take this towel and dry yourself off okay..?" He said, handing me a big and fluffy white towel.

I took it and dried myself as I watched him leave the room. When he came back he handed me a large and warm looking sweater, as well as some big track pants. "I know it doesn't sound fun to wear your teachers clothes but you'll freeze if you wear yours."

I took the clothes and swallowed "w-what did you.. talk about with Jin..?" I stuttered through my chattering teeth.

"You're staying here tonight because the storm isn't going to let up. I have a spare bedroom and nobody has used it since the last time I washed the sheets so you can stay in there. I suggest you take a shower and change so you can be warm okay..?" I nodded and stood up.

He showed me to wear the bathroom was and smiled gently. "Th..thank you.." nodding, he closed the door and I took a nice warm shower.

I thought at first it would feel strange to shower at my teachers house but it felt strangely normal.

When I was done I put on the clothes he gave me and laughed at how I looked in the mirror. As I trotted downstairs I couldn't stop laughing.

When he heard me he looked worried, probably thinking I was crying at first. That was until he saw me smiling.

I saw him smile back in amusement and he raised an eyebrow "Y/N.. why are you laughing..?" I continued to laugh while I spoke.

"Look at me! It looks like your clothes ate me!" That's when I realized he was wearing comfy clothes as well.

He didn't really look like a grown man despite his height and clothes. He looked like he was my age in a way.

At least he did until I saw his biceps and chest through his white T-shirt. My face flushed a little and I made my way to the grocery bags I had "have you eaten Mr.Kim?" I asked politely.

He sat at the island in his kitchen and shook his head at me "mm.. no, I rarely eat at home. I'm not the best cook."

I laughed and took out the items from the plastic bags "well I haven't either so.." he tilted his head "you can cook..?"

I laughed softly again and looked at him "all good future wives know how to cook you know" I say with a joking wink. "Also, Jin taught me. He's a really good cook." I stated as I grabbed all the cooking things I needed.

When I was done I set the plates on the table and pointed to them with my open hands "ta-da!"

He sat down in surprise "wow.. this smells really good Y/N" I sat in front of the other plate "give it a try."

Grabbing his utensil he took a bite and his eyes instantly widened "that's really good.. I'm impressed."

I began to eat the small bit I had made for myself "thank you.."

even though I had anorexia I loved food and cooking a lot.. the issue wasn't the food. It was me. However I still had to eat some.. because of my love for food.

~

That night I laid in the bed, trying to ignore the thunder and lightning outside.

I really didn't like Mr.Kim at first but.. he was winning me over.

I ate more than usual tonight and I actually smiled and laughed.

Maybe he's my last hope.. I thought.