THE GREATEST CHRISTMAS EVER, HUMAN!!! *UT Sans, Papyrus, & Reader*

I smiled as I took in the whole scene in front of me; both Skele-bros were surrounded by Christmas stuff.
A big pinetree, a huge fluff rug, and all the presents under the tree were sorted around them.
This was the first time in a long time, according to Sans, that they had anyone to celebrate a holiday with.
It broke my heart.
So, of course, I made it my job to be there for them like this.
I had asked Papyrus to help me find a suitable tree and bring it in; for i was too small and lazy to carry-- more like drag-- that big plant inside.
I borrowed empty ketchup bottles from Sans and decorated the tree- lamely but with nice thoughts.
The main room of the house looked Christmasy enough for a good holiday with the people you love.
I may not be happy all the time, and I definitely don't feel useful ever, but seeing these guys so happy with such a small act of kindness..
it makes my icy heart melt.
My smile widened as I noticed Papyrus, surrounded by wrapping paper and already opened gifts, opening the Mettaton figurine- the one to finish off his collection.
I had to save up for weeks to get that little guy, but it was worth it, as he let out a loud laugh naming off the exact name of that figure and began to wave his arms in the air.
My eyes traveled the shot distance to Sans, who was currently trying to slide the dark blue sweater I gifted him over his head.
A chuckle left my lips as I slipped off the couch and crawled towards the older bro. "Oh, looks like someone's in a bit of a knit good situation," I punned to the comedian while I tugged the 1 of 3 matching sweaters down on him-- the other two on me and Papy.
I was graced with his big signature smile and quick thumps up.
My eyes went down to the words on the sweater, 'Sansta', then back up to his sockets.
"You got me, kid. I don't know sweater to feel proud at the fact that you're becoming as punny as me, or knot."
I pushed his arm and pulled him over towards the taller skeleton in the red and orange sweater that had his face on it with reindeer horns and a bright red nose.
Bringing both the skeletons close to me, I mumbled out a quick thanks.
Papyrus and Sans moved in closer.
Pap rose his brow bone and Sans looked at me, snickering out, "speak up, kid, we don't have the ears for that."
I laughed along with him as Papy looked annoyed at the joke, but happy nonetheless.
My arms reached up and wrapped around both of the Skeletons necks, pulling them into a bone-crushing hug. "Thank you guys.. for everything; the friendship and the home and the love. I love you guys"
My thanks were welcomed but not accepted.
"HUMAN, WHY DO YOU THANK US, WHEN YOU'RE THE ONE THAT DID THIS FOR US?"
"Yeah, like Paps said, kid. You're making this the best Christmas, ever."
My eyes went from one to the other and tears formed and pooled in my eyes.
"WOWIE, DON'T CRY. SANS! YOU BROKE THE HUMAN AGAIN."
My hand patted Papyrus' hand and I shook my head, " no I'm crying because I'm happy, swear."
Papyrus wrapped his gloved hands around me and Sans patted my hair.
Comfort filled my being.
This is what Christmas is all about.
Being around the people you care about.
Being together and happy .
A boney finger poked my cheek, causing me to look over at Sans.
"We, uh, didn't know what would be the best thing to get you-"
"SINCE YOU'RE THE BEST HUMAN, EVER! NYEH HEH HEH!"
A laugh left my lips as Sans sat a tiny box in front of me.
The wrapping paper was just doodled on paper by my favorite two artists.
"You guys didn't have to do this.. I mean look at this lovely wrapping paper! I don't want to rip it."
I looked up at both of them and held the present up gently.
"SEE, SANS! I TOLD YOU SHE WOULD LOVE OUR HOMEMADE WRAPPING PAPER!"
The taller skeleton smiled down at his brother and wrapped an arm around him.
Sans just nodded and motioned at the gift, "Go on, kid. Open it"
My fingers picked at the clear tape, making sure not to rip any of the doodles.
After a good minute of trying, and failing, at getting the present open safely, a blue smoke covered the present.
My eyes went up to the little skeleton, his eye was glowing a bright blue.
"Sans, I-" my words stopped at the sight of the wrapping paper falling free of the box and laying out neatly, and unripped, on the ground.
Sans set the present on the drawing and poked up towards me with a smile.
"Thank you.. Both of you."
"YOU HAVEN'T EVEN OPENED IT, YET! SANS, DO HUMANS NOT OPEN PRESENTS?"
A giggle fell from my lips loudly, "Yes, Papy. We do in fact open our presents."
His face held a smile as I lifted the box top, both skeletons leaned in closer.
I could feel their anticipation over if I'd like it or not.
But it was absurd to think i would dislike anything they gave me.
I broke my eyes away from my monsters, and peered into the box.
A key sat nicely with a small note right above the key, Sans' words scribbled onto it, 'This can be your forever home.'
My eyes closed, tears spilling over, as I pulled the most lively skeletons I've ever met into the most meaningful hug I could muster before letting go and placing kisses on both of their cheeks.
Papyrus blushed a dark orange, while Sans blush was a more subtle blue.
I smiled at the guys and began cleaning up the wrapping paper.
Papyrus had both his cheeks covered while Sans had his hand over the cheek I had kissed.
These guys were my family for a while now and I loved it, but this just made me realize that I'm their family too.
I would protect them with my life.
And now, it's pretty clear that they would as well.

"Merry Christmas," I whispered to the two most important monsters in my life, the most wonderful beings in existence.
My housemates; my bros; my family...
My home.