4

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

October 16th, 2015 - 2:05pm - 389 McKinley Rd - Hampton, VA

"What's Done in the Dark"

Everyone fell ominously silent.

Onika shifted her weight from foot to foot as three pairs of curious eyes looked between her, and Lauren. She blinked uncomfortably before speaking once more.

"What you mean?"

Kylie stabbed her jar of peanut butter, scooping out a decent helping. "I'ma go take a showa." She mumbled through the mouthful.

"Uh, me too." Cassie added. "It was cool meeting you."

Lauren rubbed the back of her neck as her friends left in haste. She'd known this day would come but she didn't think she'd feel so seedy about it. Inwardly she wondered if the effects of the Xanax she'd slipped Onika were still lingering around.

"Um," She started, subtly biting her lip. Out of the corner of her she noticed Mani still sitting pretty on the granite counter top. "Do you mind?"

"Oh no, go ahead." Mani replied, still fully burning a hole through Onika's towel.

"Come on," Lauren rolled her eyes, grabbing first her bags, then her best friend by the arm and dragging her back to her back to privacy of her bedroom.

"Do you at least have something for me to change into?" Onika yawned. "My midterm is in 40 minutes."

"Uh, we not the same size." Lauren quipped, raising her brow. "I-

"You just slick called me fat. Wow."

"I did not!"

"Girl fuck you," Onika waved her hand dismissively. "Where's your phone so I can call Meek to bring me some clothes. Mine died."

"I was gonna say that that Gucci bag was for you. But I guess now I'll return it." Onika sneered and dropped her towel, prompting Lauren to dive for the nearest body pillow. "Nicki, gross!"

Ignoring her, Onika turned the bag upside down, allowing the contents spill out onto the California king bed. To her surprise, not only had Lauren purchased a tracksuit, much like her own, but she'd splurged on accessories as well.

"Is this real? How are you affording this shit?" She demanded, slipping the pants on. In the beginning she'd fully intended on minding her business but now the evidence against ATL native was insurmountable. "You know all those kids from the Bling-Ring got arrested right?"

"Why do you assume I'm stealing everything?" Lauren smarted, removing the pillow. Onika was still naked from the top up but at least her vagina wasn't staring her in the face.

Onika shrugged her shoulders dramatically, pulling the tank top over her head. "I don't know. Maybe because we were once so broke we went half and half on a two for five on the fucking dollar menu? And now you're buying Gucci and three hundred dollar skin cream? "

"I never wanna see another double cheeseburger in my life." Lauren cringed.

"Whatever, you ain't gotta tell me all your business. Just know if the police come sniffing around I'm singing like a fucking canary." Once Onika was fully dressed she moved to sit at the vanity and began putting on makeup. "I'm scared of jail. I ain't doing time for nobody."