3

Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to any (song) names/persons mentioned in this story. This is a fictitious representation of events. Uses are for entertainment purposes only.

--

October 15th, 2015 - 10:48pm - 389 McKinley Rd - Hampton, VA

"Last House on the Left"

A/N: Hi. Before you continue reading pls be aware of the fact I have a vicious mean streak and will unpublish this book if it continues to be unsupported. Thank you 💖

Onika could do nothing to still the alarming beat of her heart. Not only did there appear to be no immediate neighbors, but nearly a third of the house was composed of floor to ceiling windows. 

"Oh hell naw." She turned back to Lauren. "Take me home." Suddenly, she was all too excited to spend the night alone in her shoe-box of a dorm-room. 

"Relax Nicki," Lauren rolled her eyes. "You think I'd ever put your scary ass in harms way?" She opened the door and stepped out, offering her hand to her shaken friend.

Nicki crossed her arms in defiance, keeping her eyes straight ahead. "Um, excuse me Uber driver," She yelled before knocking on the partition. "I'll pay you double whatever she paid you to take me home."

It was Lauren's turn to cross her arms as the two locked eyes in a standoff. "You know what? Stay your ass out here. It's cold, I'm going in the house."

Nicki knocked on the partition once more to no avail. "Fuck." She swore under her breath before climbing out after Lauren. She hugged her arms as she rushed up the steps, nearly bum rushing her best friend before her key could hit the lock. 

"Sorry." She offered shakily.

Lauren sighed through her nostrils before entering a 9 digit code onto the pad just above the doorbell. The sound of a lock unlatching made Onika raise her eyebrows. 

"What's the point of that," She nodded to the security pad as they stepped inside. "Somebody could still throw a brick in here and we fucked."

"The exterior glass is 129mm

"The exterior glass is 129mm. That's like, psych textbook thick." Lauren pulled her wedges off distractedly. 

"So this is how the other half lives." Onika muttered to herself. "Who's house is this? You got a rich uncle I don't know about?"

"Something like that," Lauren smirked, grabbing her heels and leading Onika to her room. "It's a spare property. There are five bedrooms. All master bedrooms with bathrooms inside. All the showers are walk in. All the tubs function the same as jacuzzi's."

Onika had thousands more questions. Most of them relating to how Lauren all of a sudden fit into this picture of high society, but her mind warned her she was about one question away from the distance between curious and nosy. She lingered in the doorway of Lauren's perceived bedroom, trying her best to take a casual look around.