16

Annie's POV

When I came back from lunch, I noticed Riley and Mads in Asher's room. I stepped in to ask them a question.

"Hey guys" I said.

"Hey!" They all said.

"Riley, Mads can you guys stop by my room before you leave?" I asked them.

"Yeah, of course!" Riley replied.

"Ok, see ya later." I said.

"Yeah, see ya." Riley and Mads said.

"Text me later." I said to Asher as i started to walk out of his room.

"Okay!" He replied.

A few minutes later Riley and Mads said bye to Asher and came to my room. We talked for awhile and caught up.

Asher's POV

I looked into Annie's room, she looked so happy. For the first time in awhile Annie was truly happy. Smiling huge, laughing loud. I smiled because I'm happy that she is so happy and I'm really glad that she's friends with Riley and Mads again especially since she used to be so close to them.

Annie's POV

When Riley and Mads left, I looked into Asher's room, he looked sad. I got up from my bed and walked into Asher's room.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing." He answered quietly.

"Oh c'mon Asher, I know when you're lying." I said.

"Really, it's nothing, it's selfish." He said.

"No, tell me. Remember what I said to you when we first met?" I asked him.

"Yes, you said 'No problem is too little. If something is bothering you, tell someone no matter how big or how little it is' that really helped me that day." He said.

"Wow, you memorized it." I said giggling.

"Well, it was really helpful." He said laughing a little too.

"So, what's wrong?" I asked him again.

"I just miss hanging out with everyone all together, going to school, going to parties, and playing football." He told me.

"Yeah, I understand and don't worry you'll go back to doing all of that soon." I reassured him.

"That's the thing, what if I can't walk again or throw a ball. The doctors said the fractures would take months to heal and then I have to go through months of physical therapy." He told me.

"Yeah and you'll crush physical therapy and be back at school, playing football and not needing me before you know it." I said.

"I'll always need you." He said and pulled me in for a kiss. The kiss turned into a passionate make out session until I pulled away.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing, I just had a question." I told him.

"Okay, what is it?" He asked.

"What happened to you? I mean like, why are you in here?" I asked him.

"I went to a party with all of my friends. Johnny and I got really drunk. Lauren was our designated driver, she didn't drink so she was sober but Johnny turned the radio super high and then Lauren asked him to turn it down. Then all of the sudden a car came straight at us. And do you remember a little while after I woke up, Lauren visited me?" He said and I nodded my head. "Well she was so upset because we was blaming herself for the accident and she was worried Johnny wouldn't survive. I told her that it was no one's fault and not to blame herself. So basically that's what happened." He told me.

"Oh, wow Asher." I said hugging him tight. "I'm glad you're okay." I said pecking him on the lips.

"Hey! Gimme a real kiss." Asher said and I laughed.

"No, that's all you get." I said still laughing. He tried to kiss me again but I playfully rejected him but eventually I gave in again.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"What?!" He said

I love you." I said a little louder.

"No, I heard you. You really love me?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said quietly.

"I love you too!" And he kissed me passionately.

_________________________________
Awww 🥰

Sorry it took so long for me to update, I had no ideas at first for this chapter.