20

listen to the song while reading this chapter

Asher's POV

I hurried off the roof, Indi held the door for me. I rolled my wheelchair over the the elevator and I spammed the button impatiently. When the elevator finally opened, I rolled my self in, hit the floor button and hit the button to close the elevator doors. The two minute elevator ride felt like an eternity. The door to the elevator opened and I rolled myself out. When I got out of the elevator someone was on a stretcher with doctors and nurses surrounding them. One of the doctors moved and little and I saw who it was. It was Annie! Oh no!!  The doctors started to rush her on the stretcher down the hall.

"What happened!" I yelled "Someone tell me what happened!" A nurse came over to me. "What happened to her?!" I asked the nurse.

"She collapsed." The nurse said.

"Why? What happened?" I asked again.

"She wasn't supposed to do a lot of physical activity because of the condition her heart was in. And I think she ran down a lot of stairs, so when she opened the door, she collapsed." The nurse told me.

"What does this mean? Where are they taking her?" I asked.

"They took her to surgery." The nurse said.

"Oh my god.. oh my god!!!" I said and it started to happen again. My vision went blurry, I'm dizzy and I can't breathe properly.

"Are you alright?" I heard the nurse ask.

"He's having a panic attack!" I heard Indi say.

A few minutes later the panic attack stopped and I calmed down a little bit but I was still crying. I sat in the waiting room, impatiently tapping my fingers on the arm of my wheelchair. Indi is sitting across from me and she had called everyone so Riley and Mads sat on each side of me, Matt sat beside Indi holding her hand, Greg, Carson, and Austin also sat across from me, Lauren sat beside Riley and Johnny sat beside Mads. Riley and Mads were crying and trying there best to comfort me but nothing was working. This is all my fault. We fought and I kissed another girl and my best friend for Pete's sake, I'm a terrible person. I feel so bad, I was just so angry and I wanted to hurt Annie but not like this. She doesn't deserve this.

Surgeon's POV

"Damn it!! This heart is too damaged, we can't fix it! Call the transplant department," I yelled.

"On it! A nurse yelled.

"They aren't picking up!" Someone yelled.

"Try again!" I yelled back.

"Is she even high enough on the transplant list to get a new heart." The same person asked.

"Yes. The condition that her heart is in, bumps her up to the top of the list. Now call them again!" I yelled.

Asher's POV

Annie has been in surgery for about a half an hour now and I saw her family arrive about 15 minutes ago. I'm still crying, tapping my fingers on the arm of my wheelchair, blaming myself and thinking of the what if's. I rolled myself over to the vending machine to get a snack and Riley followed me.

"This is all my fault." I told her and grabbed my snack from the bottom of the vending machine.

"Asher, this is not your fault." Riley told me.

"Yes it is." I said sniffling.

"Why do you think that it is?" She asked me.

"Today was her birthday but she didn't tell me. I texted her asking about it and she never answered. I went to one of the stores downstairs because I wanted to get her a little something. When I went to give it to her, she seemed like she didn't want me around and we got into a fight. I left her room but she chased over me. I gave her the gift and left before she opened it. I went up to the roof because I really like the view up there. Then I started to have a panic attack so I called Indi. After she helped calm me down, I kissed her. She pulled away and then I saw the hickeys. She told me Matt gave them to her and then she looked up and quickly hopped off of my lap because Annie was in doorway of the roof. When I went to look at what Indi was looking at I saw Annie run out of the door. I tried to go after her but I had to take the elevator. When I got off the elevator, she was being taken to surgery on a stretcher. The doctors say that she ran down all of those stairs! She wasn't even supposed to be doing any physical activity! This is all my fault!" I said crying again.

"Hey Asher, this is not your fault. You hear me? Annie will be okay and then you can apologize and make up and everything will go back to normal." Riley said pulling me into a tight hug.

"And what if she doesn't wake up?" I asked her.

"She will, I know she will." She said.

Surgeon's POV

"Any news from the transplant department?" I asked.

"Yes..." a nurse who was on the phone said.

"Well what's the news?" I asked.

"We got the heart." The nurse said.

_________________________________
Omg I was crying while writing this chapter😭💔

                           [899 words]