Chapter 15 - Take the Rope

I thusly turn the screen or computer on to be able to find some activity, since I'm still not getting whisked away to the club yet. I check upon Sayori, outside of the room she entered yesterday, where I followed her, and told her words of truth. She opens the door of the classroom, that closet door still open from yesterday. 

"Cold," She says. I click on the thoughts panel.

Why is it so cold in here? She thinks.

On accident, I press control + c, and I'm outside of the room. At first, I look in confusion, of how I just could easily come here. Why would I be able to do this? But then I realize that I could put this to good use.

 Sayori is inside, looking horrifyingly at the open door. She doesn't see me. I step in quietly and close the door. 

The door just closed? She thinks, Just what is happening?

I come closer.

No. Her thoughts say, there's no way this is real. This has to be a dream. I'm going to wake up.

"No you won't." I say.

"What do you want from me?" Sayori asks. Her eyes filled with water, looking like sad little pathetic lakes, which run into a waterfall, doomed forever.

"I just want you to understand that you should give up." I say. "Is that too much to ask?"

"I didn't do anything wrong, I'm just, trying my best." She replies.

Oh please.

I'm nearly sobbing as I speak, She thinks, I still cannot make out who or this thing is. Will it scare me again?

"I won't scare you again." I say, "What do you expect? That'd be way too easy. Now, you see, I think that was pretty stupid of you to come back here."

Sayori touches the handle of the door behind her. She's not leaving.

"Please, just let me go." She says.

"I will, don't worry, Sayori." I say, "But make sure you don't forget anything, this time."  

 I glance in the closet. 

A rope?

I don't know what it is, but something about that rope gives me an idea. And I want Sayori to take it. I know what I'm going to do. And I know how to do it. 

I urge her to take it, and she almost does. She walks towards the closet, but slams the door in protest, trying to resist the urge I'm giving her. 

Take it.

Just.

Take it.

"Let me out!" She screams. 

She slides down the wall, sitting down into her knees. 

"Why do I deserve this?" She asks herself.

I get mad. It's her fault for falling in love with him in the first place! That's why she deserves it. She doesn't deserve to love someone as amazing as him. 

"What have I done to be hated by everyone?" 

I wish I could tell her, but I can't let her know.

"I just wanted to make everyone happy." She says.

Sayori breaks down in tears. The moment makes me smile. She isn't making anyone happy, not Andre, not Natsuki, not Yuri, and definitely not me. 

I urge her to take the rope, one last time. I read her thoughts steadily.

Do I...do I have to take the rope? They say, Why? Who would deliberately want someone to end their own life?

 "Someone who knows what's best for you." I say.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" She cries. 

She slowly closes her eyes.

I mustn't look. I mustn't listen. It's gonna let me out. This is going to be okay. She thinks.

I come right next to her limp body, huddled frighteningly in a fetal position. 

"Do you still believe in that lie?" I ask.

"I'll," She says, "I'll take it, but, leave me alone please?"

I smile. My body reeks with happiness, knowing that finally, useless, worthless girl Sayori is gone. And now I'll have Andre all to myself.

"Good," I say, "See, it's not that hard."

She weakly opens the closet door and grabs the rope, shivering, shaking the whole time.

She puts it in her bag, and rushes out of the room. I watch her leave and rush up the stairs.

The dark room fades into a dark void, and I'm back where I've came from. The screen is still on Sayori, she's up on the roof top of the school, lying down on the cold, hard concrete.

She cries some more.  Up on that roof, the cold, soft wind blowing at her. She's so pathetic like this.

But something else creeps on my mind. Why did I want her to take that rope? Why was I so happy when she took it? I know I can't deny it. As horrible as it may be, I know I want to hurt her. I want to end her. I want to kill her.