Chapter 46: "Discord"

Start from the beginning

"Alright, you've got a point. I'll try my best to keep it from Maia, though. She's smart so who knows, maybe she'll realize." You spoke and he let go of you, walking around and taking your hand into his own. "if she does find out, it isn't the end if the world. but for now, i'd recommend taking off the hoodie before she sees you. it'd prob be a dead giveaway." Papyrus replied and you slowly nodded. "Fair point, Pap."

You moved away, then grabbed your bag. "I need to run, I would ask you to take me, but I realized I need to do something on the way." You spoke, and he gave you a quick thumbs up. "that's fine, just stay safe." Papyrus remarked as he leaned onto one hip. "I hope Maia isn't at home wondering where I am." You suddenly spoke as you quickly swung your bag over your shoulder. "no worries, kid. sans joined maia and asgore so they'll definitely be pretty preoccupied. even if she got back early, she won't just think you goat away." He murmured and you let out a faint "Ah.". This reverberated across the room until you spoke again a few moments later. "You once again have a point! " Came your gentle response and he nodded sweetly before coming in for a hug which you accepted happily.

"thank ya for everything, (y/n). it's always the highlight of my day when I get to see your smilin' face. Papyrus spoke as he pulled away, a happy smile present on his skull. You blushed, then got on your tip-toes. You soon bent your finger forward and backward to signal him to bend forward, and he eagerly did just that which urged you to lean forward and place a single peck against his teeth before moving back to leave. "Thank you, Papy. I have the same to say about you! You always brighten my days and I am extremely thankful." Came your sweet reply. "aw, shucks." He chuckled raspily as his cheekbones developed a tangerine tinge. "i am glad, kid, but don't let my charm keep ya, ey? don't cha let it get dark before you get home. ey?" He warned, and upon promptly realizing he was correct, you quickly dashed to the front door.

"Crap, you're right!" You gasped as you opened the door. "Alright, Papy. Behave yourself. Okay?" You spoke and he sighed playfully. "fineee, i won't eat sans' cookie." He huffed, winking as he crossed his arms. "Alright, good boy. I will see you later, Pap!" You spoke your final goodbye. And after that last exchange, you stepped outside and exited the skeleton brother's property. And as you began to walk on the gray sidewalk, you felt a smile on your face appear and a sense of complete and utter euphoria rush throughout your veins. What a way to completely change a week. You cannot wait until your date night finally arrives. It's only about 5 days away though, so you'll have to make sure you're 100% ready for the occasion before your timeframe is over. But, you know you're up to the task.

---------------------------------------------

After a much longer walk to the store than usual, you successfully got some things for dinner with Maia tonight. So, you exited Ferie Dane Fresh Market and began your trek home. You had made sure not to go crazy, so you only got the ingredients you needed for Becky Clark's famous meatloaf recipe along with some potatoes, two carrots, and a head of broccoli... Okay, you got a small tub of vanilla ice cream too, but that was to go on Mrs. Agatha's cookies. They're best with some vanilla bean ice cream, so you couldn't resist.

But, pushing aside the things you'd bought at the grocery store, you adjusted your grip on the 3 bags you found yourself carrying as you made a plan of action to fix dinner. Surely you could get home, chop the ingredients, mix the meat and make the sauce all in less than 20 minutes, right? And after that, it needs to cook at 375° Fahrenheit for 35-45 minutes. So, dinner may be a bit late—but perhaps not overly late. It could happen as soon as 7:00 PM. And, before having to make the mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables, you could tidy up the living room a bit. After all, the sleepover last night left it a complete mess and you hate seeing that.

You made a mental note to take down the pillow fort since it takes up so much room in your apartment's small living room. You hope Maia won't mind it's disappearance too much though.