Kyoya's Reluctant Day Out

Start from the beginning

"Her job is to serve us food, not irritate me with some weak sales pitch." I take a bite of my food. She's staring at me." Now what?"

"Nothing, i just don't think I've ever actually seen you eat before. Somehow I thought the experience would be more refine. I'm surprised food like this even appeals to you." She explains her staring.

"It doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. No doubt you Think I'm callous for admitting it, since you bought this tripe."

"Of course I wont. I'm just saying its different compared to how Kaine eats." she points out. Kaine huh?

"I know how she eats. It's small bites and very slow but subconsciously makes little noises when she eats." I smile a bit. It's cute.

"Actually not at all." she speaks up. What?

"Her bites are big and clean. She eats rather quickly as if she hasn't eaten in days. Though, i will agree that her small noises are cute." she explains before smiling.

"Did i say that out loud?" i take a bite of my burger.

"Yeah. You tend to let yourself slip when Kaine is in the mix." She explains. "You love her, don't you?"

Not wanting to answer the question, I change topics.

"There is an understanding between makers of food like this and those that eat it. Quality takes a back seat to convenience. Refinement isn't part of the equation. It's meant to be eaten quickly. Besides no one of consequence is here to witness my momentarily lapse of manners."

Haruhi is thinking. Surely judging me for changing topic and what i just said.

"Hey for the record, I'm saying it benefits me nothing to keep up appearances in a place like this. And that includes any special treatment I may give you here."

"Oh, really? I never would've guessed in a million years." she mumbles.

"Um, excuse me, I'm so sorry to interrupt. I was wondering if you're not using this chair, can my friends and I borrow it?" a girl with two of her friends approach us.

 I was wondering if you're not using this chair, can my friends and I borrow it?" a girl with two of her friends approach us

"Why not?" I avoid eye contact.

"Thank you so much. That's awesome." she squeals. Kaine doesn't squeal.

"You're quite welcome." I'm bored with them already.

"You're probably wondering how Tamaki and I compliment each other so well?"I pause, "The answer is simple. I have something to gain. Their is no better motivator than self-interest."

"Tamaki senpai would be heart-broken if he heard you say that." she says worryingly.

"On the contrary. He's understood our arrangement from the very beginning. The same goes for all of them. Hikaru, Kaoru, Honey senpai, Mori senpai. The glue that holds the host club together is our mutual egocentricity. It's the principles that drives the alliance between our families and ensures each of our futures. Though, well let's just say there's still quite a bit you don't understood about that. Although Tamaki is a fool and self sacrifice does come naturally to him. So I guess the point of this is we are very different creatures." I explain to her.