"sometimes the cheesy is effective." margo said as she appeared out of nowhere.

her eyes were a little red and watery but neither zach nor daniel asked what happened. the two knew that she had been crying. but they also knew that margo didn't like to talk about that.

in the last years of high school, margo had been crying in high school every day but never said why.
although, daniel knew that she was crying because of the group of idiots who laughed at her because of her appearance.
for the blue-eyed boy made no sense because he loved margo freckles.

"but still. "continued daniel, closing his locker that was next to zach's and preparing himself  for the advanced sciences class he had now. "jonah have never see me in that way. so i'm pretty sure i have no chance with him."

"well, if you do not try, you'll never know." margo told him going with him to the class they shared together.

at that moment jack avery, one of the popular ones, passed by his side and daniel had the bad luck that jack managed to hear their conversation.

jack just laughed. he didn't say anything. but he thought there were no way that boy could get with jonah marais.
he stepped next to zach without touching him and then gave daniel and margo a little push to get them out of his way in the hall.

jack avery was one of the worst. along with corbyn besson and eben franckewitz.

the curly haired boy walked down the hall feeling the looks on him. he liked being popular. he liked the attention.

but that attention wasn't all for him because if there was someone who was more important than jack that was eben.
and eben was competitive as fuck.
eben found out that jack liked the attention and decided to take it all from him. it was always like that.

they were supposed to be friends but they only went out together because of the popularity and the parties. there was no one jack could hate more than eben.

"what's up, jacky? "eben asked approaching him and running his hand through his friend's curly hair. "what gossip are you bringing me today?"

jack hated that name.

jack knew that those gestures and those words, the way he treated him made him, was just a way for eben to humiliate him.

"is there something new about cupid?" asked eben again.

when jack heard that name, he let out a snort. "why does everyone think cupid is so important?"

eben looked at him surprised and then laughed. "because cupid means torture"

"i agree." corbyn added when he approached them and sat on a bench by the window with a cigarette in his fingers.

the blond took a drag without giving importance to the comments and the surprised looks of other students.

was smoking prohibited in high school? yes.

did corbyn care about that? no.

"a torture full of suffering and waist of time," corbyn said, glancing at the clock on her cell phone. he was already late for class. "every year i hope not to be one of the chosen ones.
i wouldn't even wish it to my worst enemy. "