She pulls away and looks at me with sorrow "You are an amazing person. You are always there for everybody, Dawn. I do not know what went wrong... but ... if anyone deserves to be a Luna that's you. You deserve all that is good in this world and I will continue to pray for you to get it. I love you, big sis" she says and hugs me again and I know I am about to cry

"I love you more" I answer her.

Well, it looks like there is another mission for me tonight.

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

The two of us finish dressing up and when I am done I am completely satisfied with the outcome. We both look extremely good.  

The rest of our family members are waiting for us in the living room and we quickly make our way towards them.

"Yo... sisters... why are you all dolled up? This isn't a wedding, you know" Adrian remarks with a smirk

"He is just annoyed that he will have to shook away all the boys that will approach you tonight. You girls look beautiful" our dad compliments us and gives us a brief hug

"Adrian I forbid you of scaring away any guy that tries to talk to me. I am 22. It's about time I spend some alone time with some hot boys" I inform my brother cheekily

"God Dawn! That's disgusting . Dont you worry my sweet sis! I got your back" he answers while looking at me with a cocky expression

"I will cut your bal..." I am about to finish my sentence when I hear my mom's voice

"Okay, kids! Let's head out. I swear sometimes you act like teenagers" she mentions irritably making us all laugh.

It doesn't take us long to reach the huge dining hall in our Alpha's house. All of our pack members are gathered in here ready to start the ceremony. We take our sits right next to the Alpha family because we are the Beta's of this pack.

Alpha Christopher stands up and clears his throat.

"My dear pack, my family, I would like to thank you all for showing up tonight. I am extremely happy to know that all of you are strong and healthy. The circumstances of tonight's gathering might be a bit... unusual but I hope that we will have a great time. Today is not just about my son and his search for his future Luna, it is also an amazing opportunity for all of us to enjoy each other's company. I consider all of you members of my own family... and that's why I always expect of you to treat each other with respect and kindness. Let's enjoy this beautiful dinner your Luna and our cooks made. Dig in" he finishes his speech and everybody starts eating. Damn, these wolves have an appetite.

Now I get why it takes Jenna so much time to prepare their meals.

The amazing food that was served put everyone in a great mood. There were a lot of conversations here and there, people dancing to the music, girls trying to gain Jonathan's attention and for the first time ever nobody made a provoking comment about me. There were no whispers, no weird stares towards me. Everyone was minding their own business and I was thankful for that.

My parents were still right next to me discussing our pack's business plan. It was always about work with those two.

Both my brothers were standing next to a group of she wolves and were chatting about something clearly very funny. The girls were laughing as if they found them hilarious so who was I to judge?

My eyes kept on wondering around until they fixed on Jenna. She was the only one talking to Jonathan at the moment and her cheeks were rosy obviously from blushing. She noticed my gaze on her and gave me a reassuring smile. She seemed pretty comfortable so I figured that there was no reason to interrupt their exchange.

Grace and Sebastian were dancing but they approached me when they realized that I was sitting alone drinking my wine.

"Hey, why are you here all alone? Come dance with us..." Sebastian suggested motioning for me with his hands to get up

"Actually I am enjoying myself. No one has even dared to stare at me the wrong way tonight, surprisingly. I am fine, I won't be staying long. You guys shouldn't worry about me." I told them and then stood up and wished my parents goodnight before putting on my jacket. My mom tried convincing me to stay longer but I politely declined. As I was about to head out I heard Jonathan calling for me.

"Dawn... wait up." He shouts at me trying to sound higher than the music

"OH-h... Hey... what's up?" I respond to him awkwardly

"Are you leaving already? It's still pretty early..." he observes with a frown

"Yeah...   I know" I answer him while nodding "I am just tired. I had a long day at the police academy today and I am eager to call it a night"

"I understand. I hope you had fun tonight. I really did not want to make this ceremony awkward for you..." he states with a guilty expression and once again I am convinced that he is one hell of a guy, very compassionate and kind. He is going to be a great Alpha.

"Honestly... tonight was unexpectedly entertaining. There were no annoying remarks about me, everyone looked happy. How about you, though? Was tonight's ceremony a success?"  I ask him and he looks down shyly

"I think so." He raises his eyes and looks behind him to where my sister was standing, talking to her friend Carly. For some odd reason, that put a smile on my face. Somehow, imagining Jonathan and Jenna together seemed right, they really matched... They were both caring and selfless.

"I am glad." I smile genuinely at him. "Jonathan? Could you inform your dad that I will be stopping by his office tomorrow? It is about what he and I discussed this morning" I remember suddenly

"Of course, I will tell him. Goodnight, Dawn." He agrees and winks at me

"Goodnight" I wave at him and make my way towards the exit.

In the blink of an eye, I was inside our house taking my clothes and make up off and wearing my pajamas before falling on my bed.  I wished that no thought would pass my mind as I drifted to sleep. But my subconscious had other plans. Blue eyes haunted me for the rest of the night.

A/N: The songs I use are usually the ones I listened to while writing each chapter🎶🎵🎧
PLEASE vote+comment 🖤